Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghostbusters xbox

• 13-02-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

So what are your views on it,

Looking forward to it?

How you think it will turn out :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Considering its being written by the original writers and will have the all the original cast, i have high hopes for this. I'd say theres quite a lot of 15-35 year olds who'd love to 'cross the streams' or destroy the strangly appealing stay-puft marshmallow man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭rferguson

really cant wait for this. biggest ghostbuster fan ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

i challenge you to that rferguson.

*ponders out loud * cross the streams

Afraid I'll be buying it on the Wii instead of the 360, just to get that authentic experience.

*Neeer..nawwrr. Neeer..nawwrr ...Neeer..nawwrr...... .....Neeer..nawwrr*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Loooks really good , would have loved a 3rd film though.But who knows if this is a sucess maybe we might get it.

• Advertisement

if it is a good game ill have to get it on the wii too, but it looks so pretty on the 360,

allanb49 wrote: »
    i challenge you to that rferguson.

*ponders out loud * cross the streams

challenge accepted

there is no Dana Only Zule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Sorry to be pedantic, but that's "Zuul".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Dan said that this IS the third movie pretty much.

Ryaller wrote: »
    Sorry to be pedantic, but that's "Zuul".

correction noted :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

"Ray, the next time someone asks you if you are a God... you say YES!"

Sorry dudes, i was the biggest GB fan as a kid. At freaky levels. I can still recite both films and im now 30......

I used to make a GB comic and tobins spirit guide
    i dressed up as venkman every year for halloween
    knew all the words to all the songs on the soundtracks
    bought anything that was GB related.

im looking forward to this, lets hope it wont be a disappointment.

Did you get the recent GB comic, Ghostbuster legion, Easons o connell st had it for a 10er

Faceman im the same as you 22 and i remember seeing the 2nd movie in the ormonde in stillorgan at the age of 4, Found a load of the old cartoons too :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Did you get the recent GB comic, Ghostbuster legion, Easons o connell st had it for a 10er

Faceman im the same as you 22 and i remember seeing the 2nd movie in the ormonde in stillorgan at the age of 4, Found a load of the old cartoons too :D:D

i saw it on december 29th when it was released in the savoy on o'connell st. ;)

I was only four, still remember the scene with the hand in the slime, always brings happy chills

I was 12!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Can't wait for this game.
    Hitting NY in April and first thing I did was find the film locations to go check out the firehouse at hook & ladder 8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

Hi GB fans, nice to see ye here.. I think I'll have to challenge ye in greatest Irish fan of the GBs!! "Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back"
    Ernie_Hudson_Autograph.jpg

Looking forward to the ps3 version coming - hopefully will be worth the wait (of 18 years since GB2)...

There is also some big announcement coming at the comic con convention this summer in San Diego... guesses are that its a re-release of the two movies again but this time on blu-ray and another guess is that there will be a new comic - movie is very doubtful but it would be nice if the game did well...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

He raises a salient point.
    Who are we gonna call in Ireland?
    The paranormal forum?
    6TH????!?!!!????!??!?!?!?!?! HELP!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Buttes, Le Mao

He raises a salient point.
    Who are we gonna call in Ireland?
    The paranormal forum?
    6TH????!?!!!????!??!?!?!?!?! HELP!!!!!!

oh great we will have the whole i had a scary dream, Is my vagina possessed, i saw strange colours when i crossed my eyes for a while, brigade as our crack team of enforcers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i watched gb2 every night for over a year, i was able to quote the movie word for word

I, Vigo, the Scourge of Carpathia, the Sorrow of Moldavia, command you!

• Advertisement

Thats fair goin, have a look at this and see how many you get right..
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=1R2qqtkYzTE

Anyone got a proton pack? I have, along with goggles and I'm in the middle of making a uniform.. I'm installing lights and sound into my pack - beat that as a GB fan... :D let me know if you want to see a pic and I'll try get one up for you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Once the game comes out they should really do a comparison on how it shapes up with its prequels
    (C64 versions for good measure :D).

This is more like it though, getting proper movie and game franchises from yesteryear and putting them through 360 paces.

All we need now is a 32 man multiplayer edition of Ikari Warriors. Ooooohhhhh the carnage, won't somebody think of the carnage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This is the geekiest thread ever!!!!

Co-incidently, ghostbusters was the 1st film I saw on VHS in my house!

We had to rent the Video player for the weekend to watch it, and give something like 100 pound deposit on it!!!!

lol

Cant wait for the game, never heard anything bout a PS3 version though....

murphman wrote: »
    Thats fair goin, have a look at this and see how many you get right..
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=1R2qqtkYzTE

Anyone got a proton pack? I have, along with goggles and I'm in the middle of making a uniform.. I'm installing lights and sound into my pack - beat that as a GB fan... :D let me know if you want to see a pic and I'll try get one up for you..

no offence, but after seeing your signed photo, i now hate you!!! :p

You got to post a pic of your pack dude!!

Anyone got any bill murray autographs? He was here for Cat Laugh's a few years ago and was hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Fieldog wrote: »
    This is the geekiest thread ever!!!!

Co-incidently, ghostbusters was the 1st film I saw on VHS in my house!

We had to rent the Video player for the weekend to watch it, and give something like 100 pound deposit on it!!!!

Get out of my head!!!!

Thats the exact thing that happened to me. I remember back in the day it was a big deal when it was someones birthday in the estate I lived in the mother would rent out a video player and have all the kids over to watch movies.

But the first movie I ever saw on tape at home on tape was Ghostbusters on a rented VHS we got from the local video library.

Fair play to Danny i missed one but its cause he was faster than me on the st jerome question, yeah post the proton pack you have :P

faceman wrote: »
    no offence, but after seeing your signed photo, i now hate you!!! :p

You got to post a pic of your pack dude!!

Anyone got any bill murray autographs? He was here for Cat Laugh's a few years ago and was hilarious!

Just took a couple of pics of my gb stuff -

packpic_march08.jpg
    1. The Pack - still to do, I'm replacing the the main cable running through and also the ion arm is broken and needs replacing. Lights & sound hopefully will be installed by summer, slow process.

packpic1_march08.jpg
    2. Another pack pic - you can see the army belt, black chemical gloves and elbow pads for uniform.

gun_pic_march_08.jpg
    3. here is a close up shot of the gun, lights still be installed - really looking forward to getting this thing working. I'm hoping to put all controls - light and sound from the gun buttons..

gogglespatch_march08.jpg
    4. The goggles Which have a flashing red led at the corner, along with my GB patches which I got the other day - needs to be stitched onto uniform -

I'll try get another couple of pics when I get a chance..

Cool, how long it take you to make it and what you use to do it?

Cool, how long it take you to make it and what you use to do it?

The pack is made up of vaccum resin parts, wood, metal and plastic.. Alot of the parts I got from ebay and some parts like the gun came as a kit which you just make and then paint.. There is a great resource for parts, details, plans and reference photos at gbprops.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Thats off the scale:D! You'd make a mint on ebay if ya made a few of em.

Advertisement