Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghostbusters xbox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

"Sure I know BassMasters"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ah he's lonley, Capathian Kitten loss, lets just put one in here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Where's the PKE Meter? And the ghost trap? Sher all you are gonna do with that unlicences nuclear reactor is tickle them unless you have some longterm containment in mind. And please tell me you have the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

Where's the PKE Meter? And the ghost trap? Sher all you are gonna do with that unlicences nuclear reactor is tickle them unless you have some longterm containment in mind. And please tell me you have the car?

No (Ecto1) car yet anyway - as for the trap, have one but it looks crap so I didn't even take a snap of it. I'll update post when I get uniform complete and start installing lights/sound..

New video from E3 on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Never even knew this was being released, cant bloody wait! Had all the toys as a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Hopefully they are wrong, but I have from a very reliable source that Ghostbusters is sadly getting canned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not canned. Activision, in their merger with Blizzard, had to off load some properties. Ghostbusters was one of them. All this means that that they currently do not have a publisher. The game is still under developement and is due for release in 2009 to mark the 25th anniversary. Kotaku, my friend. Kotaku. :)

I still think a october launch you've had sony announce the blu ray version to coincide with the game as well as the Real Ghostbusters 25 disk boxset

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXdSXy6tUjo

New footage of the game and new character

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

if they put the ghostbusters music into background music for desperate housewives it would make it awesome! the music is that good!!!

The opening of the new game. I can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dcRP-JS7v4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I really can`t wait for this game my 360 is going to be getting so much use lol!

im gonna crack open the old movies tomorrow to build me up to release date..

PS i challenge to become ghostbusters biggest fan ever lol:cool:

Ronan wrote: »
    Hopefully they are wrong, but I have from a very reliable source that Ghostbusters is sadly getting canned.
    hi if you are talking about the game then you are wrong there ronan its far too close to release date to talk about canning this! its gonna be awesome:)

PS i challenge to become ghostbusters biggest fan ever lol:cool:

Got the huge Real Ghostbusters boxset and am going to make a proton pack, just need to get the plans for a nuclear reactor :D

hi if you are talking about the game then you are wrong there ronan its far too close to release date to talk about canning this! its gonna be awesome:)

It was kinda canned in september when activision let it go but Atari picked it up and gave them an extra 6 or so months to polish it up its being released to coincicde with the 25th anniversry of the movie and the Blu ray release

Allan has been keeping a close eye on this for a while now :D

:)allan if funds were allowing me i would develop a real proton pack lol dublin would be completely ghost free lol! how much is the set your talking about and where can i get 1?

I got it on ebay for 150 dollars its 25 disks all the real ghostbuster episodes and extras tin cases and a limited edition holding box, all together came to 200 euro
    Great fun i put myself into a childs mindset while watching them and some are pretty scary for kids but good fun, Also a special edition of the game coming out but seems like a bit of a rip off

thanks allan i will check that out!!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Really looking forward to this game, was a really big GB in my teens, heck I still am, although most of the stuff I have is in storage(attic), but I did manage to sneak a model of ecto 1 into the house and have in our display cabinet along with the usual boring ornaments.

I still have a lot of issues of the Ghostbusters comic, and I was lucky enough to get to see one of the real Ecto-1's in Universal Studios.

In the 80's my dad even got a friend to print a bunch of Ghostbuster business cards for us.

I've been reading the first impressions on www.Joystiq.com and a few other sites, the game looks like it is going to be good.

Either way if there is only one game I buy this year it will be Ghostbusters.

Bring on the game..

i'm a big Gb head myself - I've a replica proton pack with lights and sound.

Just got a pke meter the other day aswell. I met Ernie Hudson last year and got him to sign my Gb dvd boxset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You videos aren't showing up buddy

In order to post a youtube video -

1. Get the youtube link,,,, remove all the link part, keeping only the Youtube video ID ,,,,this is everything AFTER the .com/watch?v= , it should be a string of 11 digits/letters

2.Put it in between a pair of

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You videos aren't showing up buddy

In order to post a youtube video -

1. Get the youtube link,,,, remove all the link part, keeping only the Youtube video ID ,,,,this is everything AFTER the .com/watch?v= , it should be a string of 11 digits/letters

2.Put it in between a pair of

Thanks for that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Looks like this is going to be playstation only..for a while.

Sony's picked up the publishing rights from Atari.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-picks-up-ghostbusters-from-atari

Atari might still publish it on 360 later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

LookingFor wrote: »
    Looks like this is going to be playstation only..for a while.

Sony's picked up the publishing rights from Atari.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-picks-up-ghostbusters-from-atari

Atari might still publish it on 360 later though.

Yeah I just read that today too.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=214338

Shame for anyone that was really looking forward to it on Xbox. I might've rented it, but we'll all just have to wait now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's still launching for the 360, just not at the same time as the PS3 version in Europe. Which is a crock.

I'm checking if Atari do region free games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

chrislad wrote: »
    It's still launching for the 360, just not at the same time as the PS3 version in Europe. Which is a crock.

I'm checking if Atari do region free games.
    Pretty sure they dont although at the same time I cant remember any recent atari games that would have had a big importing demand :confused:

pain in the arse that its only europe not getting it on all formats seems very odd :( Why not North America too? Why just one area? Do sony really think they'll increase sales over one game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

allanb49 wrote: »
    pain in the arse that its only europe not getting it on all formats seems very odd :( Why not North America too? Why just one area? Do sony really think they'll increase sales over one game?
    Did microsoft think they would with Rock Band 2? Both companies love their little blocks

Advertisement