Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghostbusters xbox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

allanb49 wrote: »
    pain in the arse that its only europe not getting it on all formats seems very odd :( Why not North America too? Why just one area? Do sony really think they'll increase sales over one game?

We are getting it, just not in June. I suspect Sony plan to use it to push sales of the PS3 and Ghostbusters is going to have a good year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

chrislad wrote: »
    We are getting it, just not in June. I suspect Sony plan to use it to push sales of the PS3 and Ghostbusters is going to have a good year!

But people aren't going to be swayed by one game and also if the game fails to set the world alight on the ps3 few bad reviews etc the sales in Oct/Nov won't be spectacular add to the fact it will be the Christmas rush and you have Bioshock 2 COD 6 Modern War 2 Assassins Creed 2 and god knows what else is announced at E3 coming out, At least in the summer months you don't have games and it would have got the lions share of profits.
    Did microsoft think they would with Rock Band 2? Both companies love their little blocks

Yes but when Microsoft have done the timed exclusives they have let you know a good while in advance not 5 weeks before its release date. And also Rock Band 1 & 2 where released in North America well before Europe not at the same time which people with chipped xboxes will just pirate the game from the get go. I can't see Sonys logic in doing this to be perfectly honest.

/rant

So

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yes but when Microsoft have done the timed exclusives they have let you know a good while in advance not 5 weeks before its release date. And also Rock Band 1 & 2 where released in North America well before Europe not at the same time which people with chipped xboxes will just pirate the game from the get go. I can't see Sonys logic in doing this to be perfectly honest.
    Its a game.Not something that takes months and months of preperation for the consumer.
    And the part in bold isnt gonna hurt sonys sales so its really a non-point as to their motivations(well maybe not if it hurts xbox sales)
    Its also possible SCEE was working in conjunction with Sony Pictures for tie-ins with the blu-ray release.Or Atari wanted to push the PAL version back for any reason such as their budget wasnt gonna allow for the publishing at that time but since Sony wanted it the same time as the blu-ray they took it off Ataris hands. All speculation obviously but we dont know the reasons without the info.
    Really could be a dick move or a smart business decision.Who knows?

Its a game.Not something that takes months and months of preperation for the consumer.
    And the part in bold isnt gonna hurt sonys sales so its really a non-point as to their motivations(well maybe not if it hurts xbox sales)
    Its also possible SCEE was working in conjunction with Sony Pictures for tie-ins with the blu-ray release.Or Atari wanted to push the PAL version back for any reason such as their budget wasnt gonna allow for the publishing at that time but since Sony wanted it the same time as the blu-ray they took it off Ataris hands. All speculation obviously but we dont know the reasons without the info.
    Really could be a dick move or a smart business decision.Who knows?

But i don't see putting a product out in a crowded time of year compared to know is profitable, If i were them i'd be trying to get as much profit for something as i can and this move seems to split it with the christmas release games. Fair point about not knowing there reasons but its fun to harbour guesses, *on a side note* Bruce Campbell fan? or Jay Leno.......

But i don't see putting a product out in a crowded time of year compared to know is profitable, If i were them i'd be trying to get as much profit for something as i can and this move seems to split it with the christmas release games. Fair point about not knowing there reasons but its fun to harbour guesses, *on a side note* Bruce Campbell fan? or Jay Leno.......
    Bruce all the way
    If chins could kill :pac:

• Advertisement

good man :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

/rant

If the game isn't region free in America, which it surely couldn't be given this deal, even with a flashed xbox you will not be able to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok im still hearing that this is bull and that both consoles are getting it on the 19th check play.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont think a company as big as play could miss this like???:confused:

ok im still hearing that this is bull and that both consoles are getting it on the 19th check play.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause you believe play over atari,sony and the developers :confused:
    Play get dates wrong constantly. Look at most of their release list

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

Sorry to say Play is wrong - we're not getting GB on the wii/xbox or ds until November /December,,,

It's a pain but thank god its not completely shelved like last year with the whole Activision flopp -

It is a strange move by Sony to alienate European gamers - I'm going to download for the ds and I've a friend going to the states in June who'll buy me the game on the ds and pc - The wii version does look fun though BUMMER!

http://g4tv.com/xplay/previews/38377/All-Access-Preview-Ghostbusters-for-the-Wii.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

murphman wrote: »
    It is a strange move by Sony to alienate European gamers

That's the point however. They are not alienating their European gamers, just their competitors market.

This could prove to be a good move from Sony. Microsoft have had timed exclusives before. I am assuming the reason Sony have left it so late is they hadn't made a decision on getting the rights until they actually saw the game. Based on previews and hands-on reviews from certain magazines, it certainly seems like a solid enough game, with a huge franchise following behind it.

If I put on my 'Sony FanBoi' hat, all I can say is well done to Sony. If this strategy proves a success, you have finally got one up on Microsoft.

And it looks like Atari arn't in good financial shape(cant afford to go to exhibit at e3) so it could be a case of them not being able to afford the european publishing and since sony wanted it out the same time as the ghostbusters blu-ray, they took it on instead

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

Atari did have the bucks to release on all platforms in the US though??

Anyway, the ps3 will have to do for now and I tell ya Bring it on..

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

A cynical view is that the longer they leave it there the more pre orders they get for it's eventual release. ;)

Definitely not coming out on the Xbox 360 in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

A cynical view is that the longer they leave it there the more pre orders they get for it's eventual release. ;)

Definitely not coming out on the Xbox 360 in June.
    ok thanks gamesnash! when is it coming out? im gonna buy it on you site now;)

btw will you have a collectors edition?

I wouldnt expect it till september or october at least if other timed exclusives are anything to go by

Not sure there is a collectors edition :confused:

Absolutely no idea at all at this stage. It's still coming out in the USA in June but there has been no dates at all mentioned for Europe and Australia ( Sony took exclusivity on PAL regions )

The Game isn't region locked in the US so for those who care we can import it and play our little hearts out.
    Seems a bit redundant on Sony for buying the rights and not getting it region locked though or is it a American ploy to steal our precious Euros....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

The Game isn't region locked in the US so for those who care we can import it and play our little hearts out.
    Seems a bit redundant on Sony for buying the rights and not getting it region locked though or is it a American ploy to steal our precious Euros....

Also heard this.

Game is region free so anyone wanting to buy it in europe must do so from america.

Clever by Ghostbusters developers.

Up yours sony:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

There's a review for the game up on ign.com, it got 8/10 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My parents are in Florida at the moment. Back next week, so I'll get them to get this for me. Yay for region free ness!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

It couldnt be region free could it? That makes the sony deal almost pointless!

It's a sly one alright :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is it definately region free? Videogamesplus doesn't list it as being region free... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Any chance of Gamesnash selling these region free versions...:o:o:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Maybe I will wait until someone gets their copy from the site and it works before ordering one... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Me too will be waiting for confirmed reports but if it is region free will be buying asap. Funny my local xtra vision is still advertising the June release date for Xbox 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

oh my dearest fellows simply wonderful 42 years of age and i cannot wait not much into video games but my girls are getting it for me for fathers day arnt they marvelous hehehahahahahahahohoho :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Interestingly enough, Kotaku are reporting it as Region Free for the XBox, too. Here.

Hmm ... The BBC is now reporting it, too. url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8095205.stm]Link[/url

Advertisement