Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghostbusters xbox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Can confirm its region free, was playing a small bit over the weekend, seems very good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just got mine in the post today, playing through the first mission, looks and feels very authentic, and is really good so far! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Just got mine in the post today, playing through the first mission, looks and feels very authentic, and is really good so far! :D

So which site it the best/Cheapest place to get the region free version from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

WTF region free where can i get it DROOOOOL! lol

Yup region free!!!

Dunno about cheapest, I ordered mine from videogamesplus.ca

corner_ghostbusters.jpg

Hate to admit it, but makes me that little happier beating Sony at their exclusivity deal, particularly when the 360 version looks so much better :D

• Advertisement

Just finished the second level, back at the firestation and...
    Talking to Vigo, he predicts that they will choose a king much worse than him to rule them... twice!
    Now who could he be referring to...
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Check this out, the 360 version looks a LOT better.......

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=10974

PS3 me hole....... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

beardo81 wrote: »
    Check this out, the 360 version looks a LOT better.......

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=10974

PS3 me hole....... :p
    oh god ps3 version looks last gen!

defo be buying on the 360!

and well done ms;)

Talking to Vigo, he predicts that they will choose a king much worse than him to rule them... twice!
    Now who could he be referring to...
    :pac:

AHHHHHHHHH i read it but i REALLY REALLY SHOULDNT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

@Damo: Would you put this in the "its worth a buy" or "rent it for 2 days and you've seen it all" category?

I just got prototype and my funds are limited, reading review for GB and it seems to be "good but flawed". It was a very important part of my childhood though, stupid nostalgia is affecting my rational decision making!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

http://www.gamehubs.com/XBOX360/ghostbusters-the-video-game.html

Looks like a good deal and free delivery worldwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Balls i got it from Ebay off some guy in Hong Kong and they're not getting it in stock till next week :( damn bargins i want my game dammit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

WTF region free where can i get it DROOOOOL! lol

Don't you mean Zuul!

*gets coat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Play-Asia is selling the region free version too, but unfortunately it's now on back order. US version @ €47.01 (+ ~ €3 shipping):

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dh-49-en-15-%22Ghostbusters%3A+The+Video+Game%22-70-2hlj.html

The Asian version is cheaper (always in English anyway) but oddly enough they haven't confirmed that it is also region free (which I would assume it is):

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-77-1-49-en-15-%22Ghostbusters%3A+The+Video+Game%22-70-3cs4.html

Play-Asia is pretty solid as a retailer but shipping times can be a couple of weeks (or even more in some cases...). Still better than waiting for months for it to release over here though...

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    @Damo: Would you put this in the "its worth a buy" or "rent it for 2 days and you've seen it all" category?

I just got prototype and my funds are limited, reading review for GB and it seems to be "good but flawed". It was a very important part of my childhood though, stupid nostalgia is affecting my rational decision making!

I might be talking partially through nostalgia myself, but so far I think the game is excellent! I think being a ghostbusters fan might force the rose tinted glasses on, but I'm seriously getting the whole "Bustin' makes me feel good!" vibe from it :pac:

Don't think it's too spoilery to say this but I'm gonna spoiler tag it just in case, but one little inconsistency from the movies to the game, is
    the painting of Vigo the Carpathian is in the firestation, and you can listen to it say different things... although it was destroyed/changed at the end of Ghostbusters 2...

If you watched the movies as a kid and thought "I wanna be a ghostbuster!" (or as a big kid! :D) then you'll more than likely really enjoy the game imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finished the first two levels and played a campaign online. Good fun so far. Trapping is tricking but once you get used to it, it's perfect. Started on Professional, and it's challenging enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Wait, what....I'm confused. I thought this was being released in October?When was the US release date (now?) and when is the UK + Ireland release (October?)????

EDIT: Sony, bandits, EU exclusive PS3.

Have most of you ordered it from videogamesplus.ca?

The achievement names for this are the first I can remember that made me laugh :D

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Wait, what....I'm confused. I thought this was being released in October?
    When was the US release date (now?) and when is the UK + Ireland release (October?)????
    Have most of you ordered it from videogamesplus.ca?
    US release date was the 16th.
    Here it'll be October or November...

I can't speak for the others, but I ordered it from videogamesplus.ca this day last week, and it was sitting waiting for me when I got home yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

October 30th here.

• Advertisement

Was released in the US on Tuesday. My parents came back from the States today so they got me a copy over there. It's region free so any US copy bought online or on land will work fine over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Mr E wrote: »
    October 30th here.

The PS3 Europe exclusivity has to be the stupidest thing ever in this case... Why the **** would anyone who's really interested in the game wait until then?! :eek:

Anyway, got my copy from Play-Asia delivered so I'm happy... Only played the training part/hotel so far but I'm not too sure about the game overall yet. It just feels a bit slow - I guess I'm too used to shooting/killing stuff in games and this is kinda different. It does have the movie vibe down though :).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Out of curiousity has anyone come across an Irish retailer selling it? heard a rumour about Harvey Normans

I doubt it. There's no distribution of it in this continent, so it would have to be imported. You might see it in independent game shops, of which there are few, but major international companies like Harvey Norman, GAME, HMV etc? Doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

chrislad wrote: »
    I doubt it. There's no distribution of it in this continent, so it would have to be imported. You might see it in independent game shops, of which there are few, but major international companies like Harvey Norman, GAME, HMV etc? Doubtful.

it might be possible that Harvey Normans because they are Australian

Still doubtful, Australia is still PAL territory, and Sony have paid for PAL exclusivity...

AFAIK its only north american region that is region free

Just finished this last night. Enjoyed most of it, there were a few ba$tard hard difficulty jumps, where they bombard you with cheap-shot dive-bombing enemies that come from all round, but after a bit of swearing and frustration and multiple tries at that part, the enjoyment came back. Thoroughly enjoyable for Ghostbusters fans, but not sure there'd be an awful lot of interest there for general gamers that aren't Ghostbusters fans.

But who isn't a Ghostbusters far? :D

Just finished this last night. Enjoyed most of it, there were a few ba$tard hard difficulty jumps, where they bombard you with cheap-shot dive-bombing enemies that come from all round, but after a bit of swearing and frustration and multiple tries at that part, the enjoyment came back. Thoroughly enjoyable for Ghostbusters fans, but not sure there'd be an awful lot of interest there for general gamers that aren't Ghostbusters fans.

But who isn't a Ghostbusters far? :D

The bloody kitchen in Return to Sedgewick?

• Advertisement

Oh no, that's a cakewalk compared to the bit I mean.
    Imagine crossing the stone gargoyles with the mini-puft creature swarm...

Advertisement