Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghostbusters xbox

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just finished this last night. Enjoyed most of it, there were a few ba$tard hard difficulty jumps, where they bombard you with cheap-shot dive-bombing enemies that come from all round, but after a bit of swearing and frustration and multiple tries at that part, the enjoyment came back. Thoroughly enjoyable for Ghostbusters fans, but not sure there'd be an awful lot of interest there for general gamers that aren't Ghostbusters fans.

But who isn't a Ghostbusters far? :D

Is there replay value? What about multiplayer?

Wondering which will arrive first; my copy of GB or my RROD Xbox from repair. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Had one shot of the Multiplayer so far, could be fun, but I was tired so didn't play it long enough to tell.
    I already wanna play through it again on the professional difficulty, as it was the "Experienced" one that I played it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Oh no, that's a cakewalk compared to the bit I mean.
    Imagine crossing the stone gargoyles with the mini-puft creature swarm...

When you had to break that arch? Ugh!

That's the one... >_<
    Lost count of how many times I had to re-try that! Should be fun on 'Professional' :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Just received mine this morning from videogamesplus.ca, only ordered last Sunday so I'm happy and no duty to be paid....will update my post later with some thoughts I was a big GB fan when I was younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

im still waiting on mine from Hong Kong.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ordered mine from axelmusic.com! and i really cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

Id say it would be ok but I propaly wont buy it although one film game that I am looking foward to is Transformers 2 really want to buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Really enjoying it so far, love all the talk from the characters and the trivia, injokes for those really familar with the films.

some tough parts so far and frustrating in a few places but I'm really enjoying it.

I like the look of the game and the graphics are great more so for all the particle effects then the finish.

I also love in some of the levels that you will walk into an area and
    the room will go dark and when the lights come back on things have been moved around, or you turn your back and something might be different you turn back around like the hallway with mirrors

The music is also great and really adds to the atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Id say it would be ok but I propaly wont buy it although one film game that I am looking foward to is Transformers 2 really want to buy it

Only about 3 levels into Transformers. It's not amazing by any standards. Ghostbusters was a much better game, graphically, funwise and gameplay wise. Transformers isn't bad, but don't be expecting much. Oh, and the control system is silly. You have to hold down the right trigger to stay transformed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Ghostbusters is a bit of fun its really well written but by is it annoying and flustrating in places, I have it on the PS3 and when you die it takes 30 seconds yes 30 seconds to reload dont know if its like that on xbox but after installing a game that in fairness isnt that big it shouldnt take that long. I got to the dive bombing angels bit and died about 10 times having to wait for it to reload walk around the corner scan some thing get a cut scene then battle for a few mins die and have to go through it all again i gave up on it.

It's the same on the xbox. Unfortunate about how they messed up the PS3 graphics though.
    Those cherubs are a pain in the hole though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Unfortunate about how they messed up the PS3 graphics though.

It's funny how that happened since the game was developed on PS3 then ported to xbox.

Lovin the game at the moment, very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Mickswizard

Ok fellas and felines I need an update. Where can I get this game with minimal (in order of importance):

1. Hassle
    2. Delay
    3. Cost

There must be a million websites in the states I could get it from, and some seem to be out of stock, but since y'all have had a bit more experience with importing than I have, perhaps you could advise me. Maybe a Top 5 websites? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Just ordered mine off play-asia.com and its gonna take 5-15 days for it to be dispatched.

WHAT WILL I DO TILL THEN!!!

hi i ordered mine from axelmusic.com 1 month ago and it still has not been dispatched!!!

WTF

Anyone else have problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

hi i ordered mine from axelmusic.com 1 month ago and it still has not been dispatched!!!

WTF

Anyone else have problems?

Mine came within the week from ordering from videogame plus, from some peoples recommendations. Have you tried e-mailing axelmusic?

rizzla wrote: »
    Mine came within the week from ordering from videogame plus, from some peoples recommendations. Have you tried e-mailing axelmusic?
    hey rizzla it was supposed to be dispatched at first and they then put it on backorder so i dont know whats going on!!

im thinking of just waiting for pal release now im really upset with axelmusic big let down!

Can you not get a refund and buy elsewhere??

Play asia say it will be shipped within 5-15 days and say nothing about back order or it being out of stock so i have layed my trust with them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Finally got my RROD Xbox back so played GB for first time yesterday! Loving it! Mind you Im a big GB fan.

Didnt have alot of time to play it so just said Id play the Slimer/Sedgewick mission. Was about to turn it off and Stay Puft turned up so I was glued again!

The in jokes and quips to the movies are great. I love the Vigo painting comments in the firehouse.

• Advertisement

I cancelled my order from play asia cause they suck and said it will be like 3 weeks for the game to be in stock so i ordered it through videogamesplus.ca and hopefully will get it next week :)

Finished the single player on Experience last night. Was good fun. The final boss was rather easy but some of the stages in the cemetary are quite tough.

Played a round or 2 of multiplayer afterward but its not that much fun.

I played the demo which i probably shouldnt have because now im itching to get the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

has anyone ordered it from http://www.gamehubs.com/XBOX360/ghostbusters-the-video-game.html or have you had any other experience with them

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

Hi GBFans,

ye might be able to help me..

This is just a quick message to ask for your support in a competition I've entered.

I've made the final Shortlist of 6 in "The IKEA FURNITURE- Rebel Confession competition" as shown on Tv3's Ireland Am.

I produced a video for the competition titled "Who ya Gonna Call?" (Basically it shows my house and how I've it filled with my Ghostbusters Collection)

The first prize is €15,000 worth of Ikea Furniture..

Please support me with your vote, if you like my video.

Just fill out form when ye follow the link below..
    with name, email address, telephone number
    ..very important to enter code on left hand side to submit your vote.

*NB* ISSUE WITH CODES IF YOU VOTE WITH INTERNET EXPLORER - PLEASE USE FIREFOX OR GOOGLE CHROME TO REGISTER YOUR VOTE.*

http://prizedraw.ik.123clienthosting.com/gallery/287/

Voting ends Mon August 3rd at 9am

Thanks again,

Peter

P.s - Who Ya Gonna Call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

murphman wrote: »
    Hi GBFans,

ye might be able to help me..

This is just a quick message to ask for your support in a competition I've entered.

I've made the final Shortlist of 6 in "The IKEA FURNITURE- Rebel Confession competition" as shown on Tv3's Ireland Am.

I produced a video for the competition titled "Who ya Gonna Call?" (Basically it shows my house and how I've it filled with my Ghostbusters Collection)

The first prize is €15,000 worth of Ikea Furniture..

Please support me with your vote, if you like my video.

Just fill out form when ye follow the link below..
    with name, email address, telephone number
    ..very important to enter code on left hand side to submit your vote.

*NB* ISSUE WITH CODES IF YOU VOTE WITH INTERNET EXPLORER - PLEASE USE FIREFOX OR GOOGLE CHROME TO REGISTER YOUR VOTE.*

http://prizedraw.ik.123clienthosting.com/gallery/287/

Voting ends Mon August 3rd at 9am

Thanks again,

Peter

P.s - Who Ya Gonna Call?

Congrats to murphman on winning - know its a bit late and this thread is ancient *demos on xbl for those who dont have it by the way*

Advertisement