Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help on Grades .... questions

• 13-02-2008 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I was just wondering is it hard to get a B1 in Geography after all there is a 20% project. And also a B2 in Business. Both are at h/l. Because we didn’t start the long questions in geography only the short ones!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Brooke01 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I was just wondering is it hard to get a B1 in Geography after all there is a 20% project. And also a B2 in Business. Both are at h/l. Because we didn’t start the long questions in geography only the short ones!

I dont do business but I do geography so I hope this helps. If you do get 20% for your GI ( very doable to get the full 100 marks for it ) it will mean that in order to get a B1 overall you will need to get 295 marks out of 400 marks in the written paper to get a grand total of 395/500 marks ( 100 for project and 400 for the written paper ) which would equate to 79% which is a B1 !.

The short questions to be quite honest are extremely doable as you have to do 10 out of 12 shorts so you have 2 questions to fall back on. This is a total of 100 marks. With regards the long questions you must answer 1 question out of 3 for both the physical, regional and the elective questions. You may think that this is a great choice, 1 out of 3 questions for each topic ( physical , regional, elective ) but beware that you might find the A and B part of a question very doable but then the C part could be very tricky so make sure you choose your best question overall. Still its a great choice! Be sure that you have the required amount of SRPS ( significant relevant points of information ) for the question in hand. In a typical 30 mark question you might have to have 10 SRPS at 3 marks each to get full marks. An SRP could be a word, a phrase or a whole sentence and at times can be very subjective so make sure that you write a bit more than you think is required because to you you might have enough SRPS but to the corrector he/she may think otherwise. A page of an answer booklet should suffice to get full marks. The questions as I briefly mentioned above are sub-divided into an A ( 20 marks) B ( 30 marks ) and C ( 30 marks ) parts to give a grand total 80 marks per question. Physical=80 Regional=80 and Elective=80

Your option which your school is doing is the longer of the questions and requires an essay type answer and is also marked out of 80. Most schools do the geoecology option as it seems to be the most predictable. Again make sure you have the required SRPS for the question.

Hope this helps!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

When does that Geography project have to be done by? We have barely even started ours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

blue-army wrote: »
    When does that Geography project have to be done by? We have barely even started ours!

April 25th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

JSK 252 wrote: »
    I dont do business but I do geography so I hope this helps. If you do get 20% for your GI ( very doable to get the full 100 marks for it ) it will mean that in order to get a B1 overall you will need to get 295 marks out of 400 marks in the written paper to get a grand total of 395/500 marks ( 100 for project and 400 for the written paper ) which would equate to 79% which is a B1 !.

The short questions to be quite honest are extremely doable as you have to do 10 out of 12 shorts so you have 2 questions to fall back on. This is a total of 100 marks. With regards the long questions you must answer 1 question out of 3 for both the physical, regional and the elective questions. You may think that this is a great choice, 1 out of 3 questions for each topic ( physical , regional, elective ) but beware that you might find the A and B part of a question very doable but then the C part could be very tricky so make sure you choose your best question overall. Still its a great choice! Be sure that you have the required amount of SRPS ( significant relevant points of information ) for the question in hand. In a typical 30 mark question you might have to have 10 SRPS at 3 marks each to get full marks. An SRP could be a word, a phrase or a whole sentence and at times can be very subjective so make sure that you write a bit more than you think is required because to you you might have enough SRPS but to the corrector he/she may think otherwise. A page of an answer booklet should suffice to get full marks. The questions as I briefly mentioned above are sub-divided into an A ( 20 marks) B ( 30 marks ) and C ( 30 marks ) parts to give a grand total 80 marks per question. Physical=80 Regional=80 and Elective=80

Your option which your school is doing is the longer of the questions and requires an essay type answer and is also marked out of 80. Most schools do the geoecology option as it seems to be the most predictable. Again make sure you have the required SRPS for the question.

Hope this helps!:)

thanks really helped :)

Advertisement