Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ninja Gaiden Black and Black on XBLA

• 14-02-2008 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭

Ninja Gaiden Black and Black are both out as XBox Originals on the 360 (downloadable from marketplace for 1200 points)

Gaiden has an average score of 94% on Metacritic (which is a huge score, considering its an average of 32 reviews).

Black has an average rating of 76%, and has lots of positive reviews.

Is Ninja Gaiden as hard as everyone says it is? How does it stand up now compared to 3 years ago?
    (its almost 6gb, so I want to make sure!!)

Black is 2.1gb.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr E wrote: »
    Is Ninja Gaiden as hard as everyone says it is? How does it stand up now compared to 3 years ago?

It isn't quite the bastard some make it out to be, but one or two of the bosses are controller smashingly tear inducing.
    I still think DMC3 is the master of bastard hard slash-em-ups.
    Oh, and stands up quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Will probably buy Ninja Gaiden. It's nigh on impossible to find in shops so this is probably the only way to get it these days (bar ebay, which I'm sure has copies).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

oh yes, i will be getting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

NG ****in rocks!!!

Buy it!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was looking at this myself recently. Might get it, even if just to get the "I played/cleared Ninja Gaiden Black...and survived" tshirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Black is a class game as well.
    A bit short, but looks fantastic and its just fun full stop.
    All out gun tootin grenade launching madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I heard Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3 was a port of the Ninja Gaiden Black on XBox - is this true? How similar are the games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ninja Gaiden Black isn't too bad if you're a pussy like me and opt for the ninja dog difficulty
    you have to die a couple of times in a row before it lets you select it
    There are still some damn tough boss battles though

Buy it now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

People who choose the ninja dog difficulty have failed at life :P

Ninja Gaiden is tough but it's really just one or two bosses as people say. The first boss is extremely tough but does teach you how to play the game properly, button mashing will get you absolutely nowhere, and alma can be very difficult, don't be afraid to use a few health potions there. other than that apart from a few hikes in difficulty it isn't all that bad. Devil May Cry 3 especially the american version is in a whole other level of difficulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Psshtt, DMC3 wasn't so bad.

Never got around to playing NGB, but I'd prefer to buy the disk than download it. Saw a few in Game in liffy valley for aboot 15 euro the other week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

DMC camera killed you more than monsters.

Gaiden has decent camera so imo its harder.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

Ninja Gaiden is THE best game on xbox. i highly recommend it to anyone who hasnt played it. i still play it to this day

what size is the download for Ninja Gaiden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mentioned in the original post, quarryman - just under 6gb.

Anyone got it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Highly recommend black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

when the new ninja gaiden out for 360 ?

btw the orignal is one of the best for the games out there for the xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

May in the US, no date for Europe yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Makaveli wrote: »
    Will probably buy Ninja Gaiden. It's nigh on impossible to find in shops so this is probably the only way to get it these days (bar ebay, which I'm sure has copies).

TempleCOM had this for sale anytime I was in there. Its on the quays down from Forbidden Planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Its a brilliant game alright, my favourite on Xbox.
    If your anyway good at games you'll find it alright, you'll get better the more you play it. Given the hefty 6GB size I won't be downloading this as I've only got a 20GB drive and that means you really only get 12GB as emulator takes up 8GB.
    Haven't seen the NG Black version second hand anywhere myself though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Now I never played DMC3 but played one and some of the bosses in that were a bastards :(
    But Ninja Gaidan was absolutely soul destroying never got past the sewer part with the scarabs:o:o but just gave up on it.

• Advertisement

Mentioned in the original post, quarryman - just under 6gb.

ok i'm blind, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

But Ninja Gaidan was absolutely soul destroying never got past the sewer part with the scarabs

I have a feeling thats where I was. Of course my save game is on my xbox and I dont have a memory card to transfer the save to my 360.
    Course now I know what I'm doing it shouldn't take long to get thru it this time around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Ninja Gaiden is a fantastic game. I played it and finished it about a year ago when I got a loan of it and only last week bought it. the 1st boss is definitly the hardest. I became tempted to just stop playing from frustration, but when you finally defeat him you feel so damn good! and after that most bosses are a piece of p*ss, I put this down to better sword techniques than anything else.

what is the difference between Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I got Ninja Gaiden Black a few weeks ago. I finished the first couple of levels, but haven't had the chance to play since. The game is good fun and while it is a challenge at first, you eventually get used to the difficulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

if only any ACT fans out there who played Sega's ps2 shinobi and nightshade...NG on xbox is just a 'normal' 3D ACT...

Advertisement