Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smoker?

• 14-02-2008 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Do you smoke?

How many per day?

How when and why may you give up?

Do you smoke cigarettes? 153 votes

No, not a smoker
    0% 0 votes
    Yes less that 10 per day
    69% 107 votes
    yes 20 or less per day
    15% 24 votes
    Yes, more than 20!
    14% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yes

No and No

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

snyper wrote: »
    Do you smoke?
    No.
    snyper wrote:
    How many per day?
    Zero.
    snyper wrote:
    How when and why may you give up?
    Never smoked, nor will I ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Boggles wrote: »
    Yes

No and No

40!

Christ.. i smoke 20 silk cut blue.. and thought it was bad.. considerng i only took it up less than a year ago!

Why? Stress, i think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Christ.. i smoke 20 silk cut blue.. and thought it was bad.. considerng i only took it up less than a year ago!
    Just curious... Do you brush before kissing your g/f (or does she smoke too removing the need)? For nonsmokers to kiss a smoker, is often like kissing an ashtray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

40!

Why? Stress, i think.

Bit of a late starter? what age were you?!
    Didn't think someone would start at your age. :p
    Silly boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Gave up smoking on the 1st of December.. Would have smoked 20 a day...

Havent smoked since.. and havent looked back..

I feel great without them..

Put on a bit of weight over xmas. But that is under control now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

There's a smoking forum for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

rb_ie wrote: »

Unless hes talking about cocks?

Just curious... Do you brush before kissing your g/f (or does she smoke too removing the need)? For nonsmokers to kiss a smoker, is often like kissing an ashtray.

When i was with my ex, i carried a bottle of mouthwash around me like Angelina Jolie carried a vile of billy bob thorntons blood around her neck :D
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Bit of a late starter? what age were you?!
    Didn't think someone would start at your age. :p
    Silly boy.

..and yes, its retarded. I must stop.

rb_ie wrote: »

Asking ppl in a smoking forum if they smoke?

Yes, i see how one would get a representative poll :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah but my penis is minty fresh! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It was created for a reason.

You just wait and see where this thread goes.

..and yes, its retarded. I must stop.
    Snyper at his next physical exam...

GP says, "Now take a few deep breaths, then exhale, while I listen to your chest."

Snyper starts to take a deep breath *cough!* more breath *cough!*, followed by an exhale, *cough, cough, cough!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lol

I'm grateful to be one of those lucky people who only smokes when cigarettes are at their best - with booze and after sex.

Yeah but my penis is minty fresh! :)
    :D

Dudess wrote: »

and after sex.

Sometimes during :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I never saw the point, you have to be addicted for it too feel good.
    Getting addicted to something like chocolate or vallium makes much more sense to me.

How about chocolate valuims?.....bound to be a market for that.

I never saw the point, you have to be addicted for it too feel good.
    Getting addicted to something like chocolate or vallium makes much more sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

I've been cutting down for years at this stage. Used to be about 30 john player blue a day. Down to less than ten marlboro lights a day now. Sick of smoking and really noticing the smell of my it in my flat lately so .... we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I was born a Salem's man, and I'll die a Salem's man.

• Advertisement

The Rig: They smoked witches in Salem too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I just have to say that smokers are dickheads.

Coming from someone that's had sever respiratory problems their entire life (I'm actually using a nebulizer right at this very moment), it pisses me off everytime I see someone taking for granted and destroying their lungs.

/rant

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    I just have to say that smokers are dickheads.

Coming from someone that's had sever respiratory problems their entire life (I'm actually using a nebulizer right at this very moment), it pisses me off everytime I see someone taking for granted and destroying their lungs.

/rant

I think people who use nebulizers are dickheads.

/rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

/rant

Good one :rolleyes:

/rant

^ That made me spit out some laughing juice.

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Good one :rolleyes:

The Tax i'm paying on my cancer sticks should be going directly into helping smokers, not free loading non puffers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I always hear this... Smokers were non-smokers too once! I kissed a few girls back then who smoked, I have to say, I tasted no ashtray! nor have I heard any complaints since... Maybe it depends on brand?
    And no one knows what kissing an ashtray is like, surely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yes

almost 30

when im kicking up daisies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭indiana jones

i was a smoker in my twenties but i gave up (alan carr). im still a social smoker so when im on the piss which isnt very often these days(moved to the countryside) i could still smoke 40 a night ( lighting one off the other).
    anyhow i though i was cured of late but tonight i was watching "atonement" on the internet while my abandoning boyfriend is on the piss (bollocks)and if you havent seen it its set in war time britin and all the cast inculding kiera knightly are all smoking their brains out nearly all the way through the film.. well anyhow after a few glases of pinot grigio i was like a cat burgler looking for a cigarette around the house. i even text my 'boyfriend' to see if there was any 'hidden in the house' but he didnt reply (prick)and i toyed with the idea of driving to the 24 hour garage half cut. i havent had a cravng like that in years.....so moral of the story is ....it really never leaves you ... also .... dont watch 'atonement' if your giving up the smoking .

• Advertisement

i was a smoker in my twenties but i gave up (alan carr). im still a social smoker so when im on the piss which isnt very often these days(moved to the countryside) i could still smoke 40 a night ( lighting one off the other).
    anyhow i though i was cured of late but tonight i was watching "atonement" on the internet while my abandoning boyfriend is on the piss (bollocks)and if you havent seen it its set in war time britin and all the cast inculding kiera knightly are all smoking their brains out nearly all the way through the film.. well anyhow after a few glases of pinot grigio i was like a cat burgler looking for a cigarette around the house. i even text my 'boyfriend' to see if there was any 'hidden in the house' but he didnt reply (prick)and i toyed with the idea of driving to the 24 hour garage half cut. i havent had a cravng like that in years.....so moral of the story is ....it really never leaves you ... also .... dont watch 'atonement' if your giving up the smoking .

No, the moral of that story is your boyfriend is in for it when he gets his pissed arsee home. :)

One Funny Thread! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Better hope he picks some up on the way home, you're gonna be dying for one after all the make-up sex that it looks like is coming your way!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

IM nearly 18. smoking 20 a day. Fitness = 0%

conclusion.. Given these ****ers up.

doonothing wrote: »
    And no one knows what kissing an ashtray is like, surely!
    Metaphor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I'm 15, thankfully haven't started yet, and hope to never ever start...

my friends smoke, and some just smoke because they're hopeless f#ckers with no future, and the rest smoke because they wanted to be just like those hopeless f#ckers with no future, and/or can't give up.

Well I have no problem calling them fecking eejits. and what do they have to say back to me?: "*cough*, *cough*, just one minute, now, while i get my breath back, *cough*, *cough*"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Smoke about 10-15 a day.
    started very late, about 23, was in my final year of college and the stress was killing me, i started smoking 1 a day, thinking i wouldn't get addicted.:(
    Tried to give up a few weeks back, just don't have the will power, but i have cut back since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Lol

I'm grateful to be one of those lucky people who only smokes when cigarettes are at their best - with booze and after sex.

What about after Macgyver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I started when I was about 16 - 17. Still on about 20 marlboro red a day. I quit for 3 days once....

That's depressing.

I'd quit but it's so difficult. Smoking is very enjoyable for me, but don't start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Nope, smoking is ghey!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Don't smoke, can't stand it...

Nope, smoking is ghey!

Jst the incentive i needed to quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No I dont smoke. Have the odd one when at a party/night out/poker, but that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Snyper, you started bafflingly late all right. But my mate's nan started in her early 50s when she was widowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Snyper, you started bafflingly late all right. But my mate's nan started in her early 50s when she was widowed.

I was told I started late at 16! My brother started at 25 and a college friend at 21. I thought they were late starters!

yea, i know.. its stupid,,

But i went through a really tough year last year.

I suffer from Manic Depression, and my medication wasnt helping very much..

Some how ciggs were brought in.. dumb move :rolleyes:

yea, i know.. its stupid,,

But i went through a really tough year last year.

I suffer from Manic Depression, and my medication wasnt helping very much..

Some how ciggs were brought in.. dumb move :rolleyes:

So to summise, Ciggs are a cure for manic depression.

Is there anything those rolled babies can't do! :)

Nope

Durtyyyy habit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

I gave up three years ago with the help of a little book by Allen Carr :) Would highly recommend it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I've been smoking when I drink for the last few months, but nothing more than that. And I'd only drink once or twice a month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement