Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

r.l. winston co.

Options
  • 14-02-2008 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭

hi, anybody know where to get a decently priced, double handed 15ft salmon spey rod 4 piece, r.l. winston co. i've been offered one for 600 euro new, is that a decent price? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

you could try the fishing expo at wkend in swords. worth a look around any way. im heading der 2 see wat i can pick up.:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

nice! tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

you could try the fishing expo at wkend in swords. worth a look around any way. im heading der 2 see wat i can pick up.:D:D:D:D

Is that on this weekend:eek:
    Forgot all bout it, might see you there:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Jaysus 600 euro for a salmon rod...are you alright?

yes! it has a lifetime warranty for any breakage or damage, getting me back the 600 euro in no time...

it is incredibly good quality and is hand built from boron

• Advertisement

shblob wrote: »
    yes! it has a lifetime warranty for any breakage or damage, getting me back the 600 euro in no time...

it is incredibly good quality and is hand built from boron

I agree, How much would the average angler spend on cheap rods over a lifetime buying inferior rods?? 1000s
    Theese rods are the highest quality money can buy, handmade.
    I bought a 10' Sage single handed fly rod two years ago for 699. IMO its money well spent, lifetime guarintee should anything go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

Is that on this weekend:eek:
    Forgot all bout it, might see you there:cool:
    only notice ur message, went on sat, got myself a shiano cardiff 301a 4 90 yo yos and 20lb braid. got it 4 bass and pike fishing. did ye get anything uself.
    as 4 spending e600 on a rod, ders no substitute 4 quailty. you look after it and ull av it 4 life. as they say u get wat u pay 4.

true, you will only buy it once, whereas if you start with crap, you will break it, you will end up spending more that 600, you will be using crap too...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I got myself a 15 foot Norboron Salmon fly many years ago. Incredibly light and an absolute joy to cast and fish with.
    Boron doesn't like impacts so store it in a thick rod bag, and a decent tube when not in use and it will last.
    You gotta enjoy the fishing, it accounts for most of the time.
    So you're totally right to treat yourself to the best you can afford. It adds so much pleasure to the whole deal.

coolwings wrote: »
    I got myself a 15 foot Norboron Salmon fly many years ago. Incredibly light and an absolute joy to cast and fish with.
    Boron doesn't like impacts so store it in a thick rod bag, and a decent tube when not in use and it will last.
    You gotta enjoy the fishing, it accounts for most of the time.
    So you're totally right to treat yourself to the best you can afford. It adds so much pleasure to the whole deal.
    well said coolwings, they come in a rod bag and wooden tube, so it won't get damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

i really enjoyed the angling show and had to hide my wallet not to buy anything. Got to meet Charles Jardine and and few other great anglers.

hoping to make this the year the year i truely get a chance to fly fish.
    gonna go to the free open weekend in clonanav 12th and 13th April, where i will no doubt buy stuff i don't need.

still, excited about it.

what is the free open weekend?

Was at the expo on sunday for about an hour, ive been every year since it started, This is the first year i wasnt working or helpin a friend out.
    I got what i went for which was a good cammo suit for hunting.
    only thing about the show is, been to one, been to them all;)

Advertisement