Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week

Options
  • 14-02-2008 6:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

We've all been told about the charitable aspect of Rag week, and I'm not going to diminish that, but what about events?
    Is there usually anything good organised? So far to me, DIT appears to have the lamest rag week of any college, including the much smaller ITs! Wheres the cheesy music and nights out every night? Maybe there just hasn't been anything announced but it doesn't seem like much happened previous years either!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

What are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

What's a "Rag Week" some silly UCD thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

rag week is a week in february/march where students organise gigs,parties,leg waxing whatever to rase money for a chosen charity...its basically a week where you get absolutely hammered and do your bit for other people...
    and when it comes to dit,i've heard it's pretty good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

laura-can wrote: »
    rag week is a week in february/march where students organise gigs,parties,leg waxing whatever to rase money for a chosen charity...its basically a week where you get absolutely hammered and do your bit for other people...
    and when it comes to dit,i've heard it's pretty good:D

I didn't even notice last year's so-called Rag week until half way through it. It just went over my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I didn't even notice last year's so-called Rag week until half way through it. It just went over my head.

Last years Rag week was brutal because of the previous years antics.

I'm not around for Rag week this year but wish all the lads in the student union the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

orla wrote: »
    Last years Rag week was brutal because of the previous years antics.

those antics sounded like too much scum were allowed to go on the trip thing. more screening and no bolton st people would sort it out :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Is RAG week next week or the week after?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

those antics sounded like too much scum were allowed to go on the trip thing. more screening and no bolton st people would sort it out :p
    or if the helper people on the bus did their job :p

when is it ? havent heard anything been too caught up with all this "election" business
    Election business??

Nick

Edit: WTF happened there? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

when is it ? havent heard anything been too caught up with all this "election" business

• Advertisement

boards does that sometimes, it's a ghost. it only really ****s with you when your first to reply to a post and your reply is the first post in the thread.

Cremo wrote: »
    boards does that sometimes, it's a ghost. it only really ****s with you when your first to reply to a post and your reply is the first post in the thread.
    Not sure man, strange though!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Yeah but how did he quote me before I even posted???

it's a ordering problem, he replied to your post but the boards ghost decided to put his post before yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

RAG - 'Raising And Giving' Week or it used to be called 'Raise A Grand'

I have been around DIT for many, many a rag week now. And I will tell you this, it is only as good as the effort put into it by the students. The Union can organise all the events in the world but it is not worth a feck is the students support them and turn up. So it's up to us to make the best of it.

p.s. I pitty those of you who never experienced a proper rag trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

well sadly sometimes you get what you pay for :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

well sadly sometimes you get what you pay for :D

You's better not be talking about me!!

So what if i made someone pee into a bottle...atleast me and everyone else on the bus had a laugh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

The aul Rag Trip was the highlight... but I take it that's still gone.

Don't talk to me about the various bus helpers... I only had experience with about 3 of them, but they were all a waste of space for various reasons. Obviously some of them did their job, maybe I had the misfortune to only bump into the idiot ones.

I find all this "oh inflatable fair ground" stuff a bit tragic... it always seems to be the same lame attempt at transforming Aungier St. Infatable man must be on the first page of the SU phonebook or something.

Advertisement