Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marcel Luske: Far and away the worst player I have ever seen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

ianmc38 wrote: »
    Luske is obviously lacking in any fundamental knowledge of the game

This kind of sums up the stupidity of this thread

QUOTE]
    no, no they are not.
    If a guy open folds AA several times, and gets it all in with 27o he is sh1t regadless of how you look at it!
    limp folding AK is as bad imo.

LOL stick to the dealing Jose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

ditpoker wrote: »
    whats the point nicky? I dont plan to "attack" you, but i just got fed up with what I perceive to be illfound arrogance. You are no doubt i much better player than I am, you are no doubt very good at the game. in my opinion you have had many posts that reak of arrogance, off hand I can think of the post in the SE thread where you were so very sure of how you were one of the best players in the field and then you posted your guide to winnings stt's which I and a few others criticised. Generally I have always found your posts to be self congratulatory (bar the interesting threads about down swings which are quite informative) and I took umbrage to you're criticism of a player with (i believe) significantly more success in the game. As i said, i wouldnt have said anything if a losing low stakes player said the same thing, i guess my attitude was a result of the hypocracy of someone who claims to be so good, to slag someone more successful.

joe, learn to spell my name! :p i'm a really bad player but unlike everyone else i flip well!!! coin toss for bankrolls!?!?

Like Joe said a lot of what you perceive as arrogance is very tongue in cheek. I'm not arrogant in the slightest.

For some reason you've chosen to ignore the fact that I also post very openly about when I run badly and play badly. This isn't the first thread you've gotten on my case and I think it's very rude and childish. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Do you play football competetively? In poker terms, you and Nicky are the equivalent of a Bluesquare Conference fulltime pro; or an Eircom league pro. I can't imagine that Bluesquare coaches and players spend their time on message forums starting threads like: "Ryan Giggs is the worst left sided midfielder in the history of the game" and citing his off colour performances of this year as a justification for that fact.

+ 1 wp Lloyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

You are no doubt i much better player than I am, you are no doubt very good at the game.

I took umbrage to you're criticism of a player with (i believe) significantly more success in the game.

As i said, i wouldnt have said anything if a losing low stakes player said the same thing, i guess my attitude was a result of the hypocracy of someone who claims to be so good, to slag someone more successful.
    Geoff. I have cut the pieces without edit to show the irony of your post.

I am worse.

I dont like you slagging someone better than you.

You are pants.

Then you call him a hypocrite! lol

The Al Lad wrote:
    LOL stick to the dealing Jose
    You think they are good play? you would.

I really dont understand this attitude. We are interested in poker, why should we confine our attentions to solely our own game? I play football at something slightly less than premiership standard, so should I not voice my opinion on Emile Heskey in a football forum?
    Listen, give Emile Heskey a break, why are you cash game players always giving out about him. I just dont get it.

Also, Lloid, yes of course those guys give out in public fora about professional players, look at John Giles (Ireland Team), Alan Hanson (Man utd Kids) and every other former player criticising. It happens ALL the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

ianmc38 wrote: »
    Luske is obviously lacking in any fundamental knowledge of the game
    The Al Lad wrote: »
    This kind of sums up the stupidity of this thread

Hmm, your post is a bit vague. Are you saying what ianmc said is wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Do you play football competetively? In poker terms, you and Nicky are the equivalent of a Bluesquare Conference fulltime pro; or an Eircom league pro. I can't imagine that Bluesquare coaches and players spend their time on message forums starting threads like: "Ryan Giggs is the worst left sided midfielder in the history of the game" and citing his off colour performances of this year as a justification for that fact.

am i missing something or is this a poker discussion forum , for all poker and related matters to be discussed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Hmm, your post is a bit vague. Are you saying what ianmc said is wrong?

Well yeah, to have his results and say he lacks fundamental knowledge of the game is a bit wrong, but look, thats JUST MY OPINION

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

I play football at something slightly less than premiership standard, so should I not voice my opinion on Emile Heskey in a football forum?

Lol. I was just about to post Nicky criticising Marcel is similar to a junior soccer player criticising Emile Heskey. We do it all the time even though Emile Heskey is a much better soccer player than me and has earned a million times more from the game than me. People are entitled to opinions.

Well, am I missing something and can we not comment on whether we feel that particular poker related discussion is useful to the development of our game or not? And give an opinion on how worthy we believe the discussion to be? Discuss?

cant others!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Thank God all the sweetness and light around here has ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

someone should issue a HU4rollz challenge soon

Well, am I missing something and can we not comment on whether we feel that particular poker related discussion is useful to the development of our game or not? And give an opinion on how worthy we believe the discussion to be? Discuss?

like this
    +1

worry about your own game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Nicky and Darragh = Giles and Hanson? Ah, you're having a giraffe.

Well if were have a football/poker comparison
    Nicky would probably be
    lee_carsley.jpg

Whereas it would be quite obvious that Darragh would be
    ginola.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Staying on the footaball analogies does this comical little episode remind anybody else of the time Clinton Morrison mocked Michael Owen's ability in front of goal?

The Al Lad wrote:
    Well yeah, to have his results and say he lacks fundamental knowledge of the game is a bit wrong, but look, thats JUST MY OPINION

What if Emile Heskey was a striker who played in a conference side who magically through the luck of the draw and unreal refereeing decisions got to the FA cup final, would be automatically be better than all the premiership strikers who didnt get there?
    After all RESULTS are all that matters?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

I really dont understand this attitude. We are interested in poker, why should we confine our attentions to solely our own game? I play football at something slightly less than premiership standard, so should I not voice my opinion on Emile Heskey in a football forum?

i lol'd

also emile heskey never played football imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

someone should issue a HU4rollz challenge soon

I know these challenge matches are right up your street lol but *gulp*...

if you want i'll play you .25/.50 1 v 1 for 1 hour. that would be cent obv. side bet of $10 to whoever wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

What if Emile Heskey was a striker who played in a conference side who magically through the luck of the draw and unreal refereeing decisions got to the FA cup final, would be automatically be better than all the premiership strikers who didnt get there?
    After all RESULTS are all that matters?

Is this really the best you could come up with? Youre comparing a possible string of lucky results with sustained success over a period of years. No comparison.

Conbro wrote: »
    Is this really the best you could come up with? Youre comparing a possible string of lucky results with sustained success over a period of years. No comparison.

by all means outdo me. Exactly what im doing. Jamie Gold won the WSOP great at poker obv. results speak obv imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I think Trapattoni will do a good job imo.

I know these challenge matches are right up your street lol but *gulp*...

if you want i'll play you .25/.50 1 v 1 8 tables for 50k hands. that would be cent obv. side bet of 10k to whoever wins.
    wat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

NickyOD wrote: »
    I've been watching him all week......

Where is this tourney? Who are you reporting for? Nevermind the tread title, this is a Brag Post in disguise :D

wat

ummm offer closed, snooker is on telly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ummm offer closed, snooker is on telly!!

what station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i'm just so impressed joe used the correct plural of forum! wp, nh! :)

Josef, my apologies for appearing hypocritical but i don't start threads called "nicky od is by far the worst player in the world" if i did , then yes, im being hypocritical. im also not saying nicky is bad at poker, im saying he is not as good as luske... nicky however, thinks nicky is better than luske....

redzerdrog wrote: »
    what station?

Eurosport, ronnie v the nugget! ken is 4-1 down to selby on another table :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Eurosport, ronnie v the nugget! ken is 4-1 down to selby on another table :(

He's doin a great job of going deep in the invitationals, and making a balls of the ranking events.

nicky however, thinks nicky is better than luske....

i think this also although i have no idea who nicky is

zuutroy wrote: »
    He's doin a great job of going deep in the invitationals, and making a balls of the ranking events.

yep - he needs to pull the finger out he's provisionally down to #16, will be a nightmare if he has to go to Pontins to qualify for matches he's too good still. 50 odd down at 4-1 down too not looking good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

pics or jeffs sister isn't hot imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Blip wrote: »
    Where is this tourney? Who are you reporting for? Nevermind the tread title, this is a Brag Post in disguise :D

I'm in London at the filming of the second series of the Party Poker premier League. I'm writing the blog for Pokernews. Last year I laid into Hellmuth for his play. He doesn't like me very much but he is last in last place at the moment and has also played terrible.

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    pics or jeffs sister isn't hot imo

1 month ban!
    LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Balderdash. She's smoking hawt.

Lifetime ban!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Thank God all the sweetness and light around here has ended.
    I think there's still a little love in the air. It is Valentine's Day after all.

It looks like we're nearly finished here. But let's keep the thread on topic if there still is one.

Ste05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

This is totally and utterly beside the point. As nicnicnic said, this is a place to discuss poker. Nicky saw what he thought was consistant bad play by someone considered to be a very good player. This is something that is of interest to poker players. The point I was trying to make, and you singuarily failed to understand, is that when you are interested in a subject its natural to discuss all forms of it, not just your own play. In fact confining your thoughts and critisism to solely your own play would be counter productive. There is nothing more helpful to someones game to analyse poker situations, whether its from tv or a post someone puts up here.

You, and others response to nickys post this is to mock his place in the poker world. Your response to my point was to mock my position in the world. I dont even paticularly agree with Nicky. Frankly I think that its sad that Nickys post gets the type responses it does, especially from you who should know better.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Take your pick,
    OK, I'll choose this one:

- Marcel Luske is a donkey?? (But I'll ad in a couple of Question marks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Dont forget the Johnny Lodden hackage that Nic alluded to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

DeadParrot wrote: »
    Dont forget the Johnny Lodden hackage that Nic alluded to.

yeah, link pls

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

what age is ditpoker's sister?

thechamp87 wrote: »

lol

thechamp87 wrote: »

in before lock...

mods if lloyd so much as considers coming back to this thread can he receive a site wide ban!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

lol
    in before lock...

mods if lloyd so much as considers coming back to this thread can he receive a site wide ban!?!?!

genuine question was curious.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement