Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Coca Cola in Waterford?

• 14-02-2008 8:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Ok this may seem silly but tonight in work I noticed after I collected my lunch of me mam (Lol) She had gotten me 3 cans of coke and they were all American ones canned in Atlanta! It had houston texas football thing on it! Now ive had German coke which is terrible and I think Iraqi coke? but ive never seen American coke in Ireland..

For those who haven't been to America and tasted there coke its the nicest you will taste! I think they were bought in the freshways in the cleaboy ill find out later!

If this is normal and everyones had it then ignore my tired ramblings (ive been working since 8pm last night)

Thought I would share!

Im going keep my can sad as that may be lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Mental! Yeah some places get weird stuff sometime for whatever lorry or plane it fell off. lol
    Never had the american stuff but I remember the pound shops are always full of the iraqi stuff!! Now with extra strychnine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

American 7up is horrible stuff. I got Dutch 7up i think here once, tasted the same.. horrible.

In the US you can get Caffeine free Coke classic which tastes the same as ordinary coke classic. Over here we can only get diet caffeine free muck.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Useless fact of the day: Fanta was created in Nazi germany when during WWII Coca Cola couldn't import the ingredients to keep making Coca Cola so they created Fanta instead.

Coca Cola also advertised in the likes of the Nazi Youth Guide books,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Cabaal wrote: »
    Useless fact of the day: Fanta was created in Nazi germany when during WWII Coca Cola couldn't import the ingredients to keep making Coca Cola so they created Fanta instead.

Coca Cola also advertised in the likes of the Nazi Youth Guide books,

I've always wondered about this - surely the availibilty of oranges is wartime Germany must have been as limited aswell. What exactly did they use to get that orangey taste?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

I've always wondered about this - surely the availibilty of oranges is wartime Germany must have been as limited aswell. What exactly did they use to get that orangey taste?

That orangey taste?:rolleyes: Thats chemicals at work imo

Even the colour of Fanta is toxic looking :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

tonc76 wrote: »
    That orangey taste?:rolleyes: Thats chemicals at work imo

Even the colour of Fanta is toxic looking :eek:

That's the point I was making (in a very round-about and not really kind of way) - I don't think there is much orange in Fanta :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Another useless fact of the day: One of the co-founders of Coca Cola has links to Callan, Co Kilkenny as his family was from there
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asa_Griggs_Candler
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callan%2C_County_Kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Jees Cabaal - what do you do all day?! lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

dazftw wrote: »

For those who haven't been to America and tasted there coke its the nicest you will taste! I think they were bought in the freshways in the cleaboy ill find out later!

well were they got in freshways ? i might head up tommorrow for some of their tasty beverages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

SUNGOD wrote: »
    well were they got in freshways ? i might head up tommorrow for some of their tasty beverages

if they were got in Freshways then more than likely Ardkeen stores might have them also, Jephsons own both of them (unless they have sold Freshways in the last few years...have they?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

My wife works in Freshways and she said there is different labelling on the Coke there so that might be it, 24 cans for €13.
    Jephsons still own it and recently received permission to revamp the whole shopping area there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

There is definately a batch of Iraqi coke floating around on of the guys that used to work with me was from Iraq and loved the stuff, he seemed to think it was much nicer than our Irish cola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

trishw78 wrote: »
    There is definately a batch of Iraqi coke floating around on of the guys that used to work with me was from Iraq and loved the stuff, he seemed to think it was much nicer than our Irish cola

The Canton on the park has the chea[ Iraqi coke in it always..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea there were in freshways up in the cleaboy, there was loads there!

Ive no internet so its hard to reply im in city sqaure now checking my mail lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

They were selling cans & bottles of Macedonia Coke in a coupe of Centra's around Dublin city center (I'm not sure if they still are selling it though). The writing on the back looked Greek to me but then I saw the word Skopje which is the capital of Macedonia (thank you Wiki ;)). It was horrible though, like a watered down version of Coke that went flat very quickly.

I agree that the American version of Coke is lovely with our own Irish version coming in a close second.

I'm not sure about the "nationality" of the particular Coke tasting different, but one thing's for sure, Coke in glass bottles is to die for. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

benifa wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the "nationality" of the particular Coke tasting different, but one thing's for sure, Coke in glass bottles is to die for. :p

Was going to post that lol

its comes as Glass Bottles>Cans>Plastic Bottles.

dazftw wrote: »
    its comes as Glass Bottles>Cans>Plastic Bottles.

Oh yes. The golden rule for life dazftw, comes exactly in that order.

Incidentally, Spice World are currently selling Jordanian Coke. Sadly, it's in plastic bottles, so I didn't buy.

Advertisement