Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluebell season meetup?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

We don't bite Bella_Blue_Star, well I do but don't let that stop you. And welcome along by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Hi,
    I've just joined Boards - and would love to come on the photo expedition tomorrow. The bluebell pics are great. Are you open to newcomers???

You are more than welcocome along Bella_Blue_Star, I'm not sure how big of an expedition its going to be, but no matter, and it looks as if the weather should be reasonable.

PM me and I will reply with my number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bella_Blue_Star

Thanks!
    I have no idea where this place is - but how hard can it be to find it! I'll have a look on Google Earth - or just the AA roadmap. See you tomorrow.
    Beware of biters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I have to get some shots in Wicklow & might head to Glendalough afterwards.
    Look forward to seeing everyone's results tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I should be coming along. Where abouts in Rathangan are we meeting? I've never been there so don't know how big it is.

Looks as if it will be a select few, probably best to meet in the town, if you come in from the Dublin side come over the bridge and then left up the town. there is a chipper called Sorrento at the top of the town, there should be plenty of parking there.

I'll PM you my number.

Well poor old Rathangan musn't rate very highly in the photography stakes, one by one everybody dropped out.......

Anyway I had a very pleasant couple of hours in the woods, on a beautiful day, in the middle of bluebells, wild garlic, butterflies, bumble bees and all sorts of other bugs.

2483393860_77ed11f1ea.jpg

larger

2483423688_a022f0205b.jpg

larger

2482601083_21bf2c0426.jpg

larger

2483349934_9745cb5646.jpg

larger

The bluebells are at their peak now and the wild garlic will last for a week or so more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Fantastic stuff Nilhg, they just don't seem to have done their thing down in the Sunny South East at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

great shots Nilhg, the garlic has really come out from the week before. There was only a tiny bit of it out when I was down there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bella_Blue_Star

Hi
    Those are fab pics Nihlg.
    I made it down in the late afternoon - couldn't resist the temptation once the kids were up to the trip.
    My photos aren't up to the same level as yours at all - and I struggled to get the right white balance. In fact, their is a sunny-green cast on faces that I couldn't get rid of. But the bluebells were fab - albeit outshone on the day by the wild garlc.
    thanks for the tip re location - what's your next one???

*blushes*

Cheers folks, Bella I had a look at yours, very nice, I thought the green one was the one that was uup the night before....

The light was strange, very green coming thorugh the canopy of young beech leaves, I shot in RAW and had to play around quite a lot with the white balance to get it close to where I thought it looked OK, around 5200K and a tint of roughly +50 to +60.

I'm sure there will be a proper* meetup soon, keep an eye out.

*one with more than one attendee;)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

Nilhg, Ah that's a pity, as I said I had been really looking forward to it.

Your shots are great, particulary like the last one with both Bluebells and Wild Garlic.
    IMHO if you cropped or used a different composition in the 2nd last one to exclude the path in the bottom right hand corner it would be better. Give a sense of the flowers going on for ever ....

Catch up with you soon.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 Thomas Gee

lovely shots
    where are they taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Quick note, Thomas Gee, check the dates on a thread before posting to it. Last comment on this thread is two years old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement