Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nurburgring experiences

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Garda_boss

Ok ...I'll type very slowly this time,
    You do know that when you type slowly it still comes out the same on the screen genius?

Nobody knows where I live. Not you, not the govt, nobody. Plus I have zero money so suing me will achieve nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Garda_boss wrote: »
    Yes, I'm a community policeman for travellers.
    What exactly is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

What if your contract says you must kill 10 people and if you don't you are breaching it? Are you breaking the law then Einstein? Exactly, back of the net.

:rolleyes:

A contract can't force you to do something illegal. It can, however, tell you that you're not insured or allowed to drive on a racetrack.
    I've been to court before with rental companies and I have the scalps to prove it.

Provide the case numbers, or you have nothing to prove anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You do know that when you type slowly it still comes out the same on the screen genius?

Oh really, does it now?

:D:D:D:D

Provide the case numbers, or you have nothing to prove anything.
    Nothing to prove anything? What the hell does that mean?
    And why would I show some stranger details of my legal history in the small claims court?

• Advertisement

And why would I show some stranger details of my legal history in the small claims court?

Hey, you're the international man of mystery who can't be traced by anybody, what have you got to fear from strangers? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

What if your contract says you must kill 10 people and if you don't you are breaching it? Are you breaking the law then Einstein? Exactly, back of the net.
    I've been to court before with rental companies and I have the scalps to prove it.

There are also laws related to the terms that can be included in a contract so this type of term could not be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I'm sure you wouldn't be insured if you breache their contract that you signed. And is driving without insurance still illegal? That's a breach of the law there. And a trip to the Ring isn't exactly cheap, either is rentalof a 525d. If I had no money I'd be delighted to be able to get the deal you got.

Edit
    Garda_boss wrote:
    BMW 7 series from about 5 years ago. Will probably buy one in the next 6 months.

You do know you need money to buy cars?

Squirrel wrote: »
    I'm sure you wouldn't be insured if you breache their contract that you signed. And is driving without insurance still illegal? That's a breach of the law there. And a trip to the Ring isn't exactly cheap, either is rentalof a 525d. If I had no money I'd be delighted to be able to get the deal you got.
    flights: 1c return, all in
    Hotel: 30 per night
    car rental e150/5
    Nurburgring: e20 for 1 lap.

I'm doing this weekend, brassers and all for e200. I am the thrift master.
    You do know you need money to buy cars?
    I'm a student with non taxable/ decarable income so I can afford to buy stuff but nobody can touch my money as technically I have none.

flights: 1c return, all in
    Hotel: 30 per night
    car rental e150/5
    Nurburgring: e20 for 1 lap.

I'm doing this weekend, brassers and all for e200. I am the thrift master.

I'm a student with non taxable/ decarable income so I can afford to buy stuff but nobody can touch my money as technically I have none.

hey, don't forget the taxes and airport charges on those flights

And I'm sorry to hear you've lost your job as a "community policeman for travellers" in the last two hours. I'm sure you're a loss to both the community and the force.

• Advertisement

hey, don't forget the taxes and airport charges on those flights

And I'm sorry to hear you've lost your job as a "community policeman for travellers" in the last two hours. I'm sure you're a loss to both the community and the force.
    These flights were 1c for everthing. Saw on my cc a charge of 4c for 4 people return.
    The Garda thing was a little joke to lighten the mood here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

These flights were 1c for everthing. Saw on my cc a charge of 4c for 4 people return.
    The Garda thing was a little joke to lighten the mood here.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2005/en/act/pub/0020/sec0060.html

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I just booked 3 return flights to Dublin with Ryanair for the next three weeks running, they were 1c each but the taxes & charges were €4.99 & then a €4 credit card charge per direction, total €18 return.
    I am curious as to how you avoided the credit card charge, it might make my flights even cheaper.

I just booked 3 return flights to Dublin with Ryanair for the next three weeks running, they were 1c each but the taxes & charges were €4.99 & then a €4 credit card charge per direction, total €18 return.
    I am curious as to how you avoided the credit card charge, it might make my flights even cheaper.
    Its a bit off topic but I suppose if you are looking to fly to the Nurburgring then Ryanair do from time to time have full 1c flight deals as well as there 1c+taxes. Check bargain alerts for a heads up. You hvae to go to a differnt part of the site for it and they sell out pretty fast. We just put 20 friends names down and said you are going to Frankfurt.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Alun wrote: »
    I smell a troll :)
    We all do. If the smell keeps going I'll have to do something!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Is it me or does every thread here turn into a flame war these days?
    trying to outwit the efficiency of the Germans!

I saw lots of people taking rental cars onto the 'Ring. They don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Garda_Boss for the new motors Mod!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Hey OP,

On the high value cars, all the rental companies have satellite tracking, they will automatically know if you go on the ring. I'm living in Holland and i'm tempted to take a trip down in me own car :D Tis just over 3 hours away.

Anyways, you just get a worldwide ban based on your passport which is required to rent the car. After an inspection for wear etc they'll just bill your credit card for the amount required to rectify the wear.

If you cancel your card they probably won't find you, but then again you won't be renting a car from them again.

Wouldn't really recommend it, if you did have a crash, you'd be looking at:

A. A new BMW 525D
    B. A big bill for damage to the track
    C. A HUGE bill for track stoppage.

You'd be looking at the bones of about 50 - 60k in the event of an accident.
    I saw lots of people taking rental cars onto the 'Ring. They don't care.

Thats true, they don't. You just get the charge a few months later. The people on the ring don't give a toss as long as your vehicle is roadworthy.

craichoe wrote: »
    Hey OP,

On the high value cars, all the rental companies have satellite tracking, they will automatically know if you go on the ring. I'm living in Holland and i'm tempted to take a trip down in me own car :D Tis just over 3 hours away.

Anyways, you just get a worldwide ban based on your passport which is required to rent the car. After an inspection for wear etc they'll just bill your credit card for the amount required to rectify the wear.

If you cancel your card they probably won't find you, but then again you won't be renting a car from them again.

Wouldn't really recommend it, if you did have a crash, you'd be looking at:

A. A new BMW 525D
    B. A big bill for damage to the track
    C. A HUGE bill for track stoppage.

You'd be looking at the bones of about 50 - 60k in the event of an accident.

Thats true, they don't. You just get the charge a few months later. The people on the ring don't give a toss as long as your vehicle is roadworthy.
    there has only been a few incidents reported online of people actually getting charged for this sort of thing. In one incident a guy was charged 2k for brake wear and he just got his cc company to reverse the charges and that was that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

there has only been a few incidents reported online of people actually getting charged for this sort of thing. In one incident a guy was charged 2k for brake wear and he just got his cc company to reverse the charges and that was that.

Yes, because they were low value rentals, high value such as a BMW have sat tracking hence its just pops up on the system when you enter the ring. Lots of Dutch and Belgians pop down there on the weekend. Its common knowledge.

Also with credit card companies, they don't "reverse the charges" Its called a dispute, that charge you dispute will be frozen on the card until the charge issue is resolved. Either way if your violate your contract the credit card company will look for proof and if its a valid charge then they will bill your card, they just need to see the contract you signed authorising this.

I.E. If you authorised the transaction (which you do by signing the contract with the rental company then you get charged)
    If you didnt authorise, i.e. do not have a contract that you have signed an agreed to indicating that charge then they will cancel the transaction.

A dispute is for charges you do not regonise or did not authorise

This process can take 1 - 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

4JayZee wrote: »
    I've been many times but I don't recommend taking a standard rental out. If its a busy weekend, lots of video and pictures will be taken and, in the past, simply being in the 'Ring car park has gotten renters into trouble.

That said, plenty of people do it, including some I've travelled with in the past. They've always gotten away with it so I guess you might too?

The marshalls definetly won't allow you out with obscured plates so I'd steer well clear of that.

Try these guys;

www.rent-racecar.de

Enjoy the trip and drive safely - its an amazing place.

Have you used this crowd? Looks like a great option. What's the story - do you just go to this place - hire your motor of choice and head to the Ring yourself and attempt to squeeze in as many laps as possible (which you pay for) in the 1/2 day or day?

Does anyone know what days it is open to the public, or when are the best/ worst days to go?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 4JayZee

TheBazman wrote: »
    Have you used this crowd? Looks like a great option. What's the story - do you just go to this place - hire your motor of choice and head to the Ring yourself and attempt to squeeze in as many laps as possible (which you pay for) in the 1/2 day or day?

Does anyone know what days it is open to the public, or when are the best/ worst days to go?

Cheers

I haven't used them as I've always made a bit of a driving holiday out of the trip.

I have seen several of there cars in the car park and spoken to some of the drivers - seems to work exactly as you describe.

Weekday evenings are best for getting clean, relaxed laps. Weekends are pretty crazy and there are a lot of closures/incidents - its great for car spotting (saw four Zondas in a line, time before last!) but evenings tend to be mostly locals that will accomodate the occaisional nutty tourist.

If you are going to go, I wouldn't recommend renting the fastest car you can - less is actually more when it comes to the Nordschleife. You'll have more fun in a diesel golf than an m3 if you are a beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

4JayZee wrote: »

If you are going to go, I wouldn't recommend renting the fastest car you can - less is actually more when it comes to the Nordschleife. You'll have more fun in a diesel golf than an m3 if you are a beginner.

I was thinking that all right - cheers for the info

Advertisement