Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours dog

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I live in a semi detached house and my neighbours got a new pup which they have had for the last few weeks. They're away at work during the day so the pup is left in their kitchen when they're out and at night also. Problem is that it barks alot when left alone....even in the middle of the night. Just wondering if its a case that the pup needs time to adjust and if the barking will phase out? Think its a Chitzu. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Firstly, how dumb of them to get a puppy when there's nobody at home to look after it/train it. as far as I know pups are supposed to be fed a few times a day? The poor thing, how miserable it must be going from being with it's mum and litter mates to being isolated like that :( It's probably barking through loneliness if nothing else, are you friendly with your neighbour? If so maybe you could suggest leaving the pup at a relatives house or something while they are at work. It's never going to be housetrained either and I suppose it'll end up getting dumped when it starts soiling the house..... *sigh* why can't people think before they get a dog? It's so annoying.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

kerrysgold wrote: »
    Firstly, how dumb of them to get a puppy when there's nobody at home to look after it/train it. as far as I know pups are supposed to be fed a few times a day? The poor thing, how miserable it must be going from being with it's mum and litter mates to being isolated like that :( It's probably barking through loneliness if nothing else, are you friendly with your neighbour? If so maybe you could suggest leaving the pup at a relatives house or something while they are at work. It's never going to be housetrained either and I suppose it'll end up getting dumped when it starts soiling the house..... *sigh* why can't people think before they get a dog? It's so annoying.....

I agree with you 100%. Its infuriating. :mad:

Advertisement