Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Always check your mortgage statement!!!

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭

Am in the process of moving mortgage at the moment, which has meant dragging out all the paperwork, P60s, bank statements, etc...

I've noticed today, that my existing mortgage provider never cancelled the house insurance from my mortgage a/c.

When i took out the mortgage, they had a special offer on house insurance, so took it for the first year.

When it came up for renewal, I shopped around and moved to another insurance provider.

Sent a letter of indemnity off from the new insurance provider, the confirmed the received it on July 18th, 2007. So assumed it was all sorted.

Notice I'm still being charged, so ring them today and was told, yes they received it but it can take a while to process it.

WHAT? 6 months to process it?

So i've been double insured on my house all this time and am now owed approx €248 back.

Does anyone know if it should take 6 months to process? Did they forget about me? Or hope I'd forgotten about it and keep taking my money?

Silly of me not to keep a closer eye on my statements I know!

Advertisement