Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skydsl instulation

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi im living in co leitrim and need someone to set up the dish for me. the software says it has to be pointing at 8 deg west .beet trying it for ages, will pay anybody that will come and set it up for me. leitrim is 2 hours from dublin and 2 hours or less from galway,so its not t rar to travel.
    please help
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Do you have a Sky dish also or can you see any Sky Dish's around you when standing at your SkyDsl dish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 strimmer1

hi yea i have a sky dish.its on 28 east ithink.im suppost to b gtting it from 8 west ,but i suppose it doesnt matter much which satellite it comes from.

strimmer1 wrote: »
    hi yea i have a sky dish.its on 28 east ithink.im suppost to b gtting it from 8 west ,but i suppose it doesnt matter much which satellite it comes from.

Point your SkyDsl dish in the same direction as the Sky dish, but tilt your SkyDsl dish down more than the Sky dish is. With this done select Eurobird3 70cm on your software. Then slowly bit by bit move the dish to the left of your Sky dish(as though you were behind your SkyDsl dish) and keep checking the signal strength on your pc.

Dont move the dish in big chunks, just 2-3 mil at a time. Also as though you were behind the dish rotate the lnb counter clockwise until it is about 10 degrees to the ground. This makes a massive difference in signal.

Patience is the key.

thanks ive tried that since christmas but no luck.just taught someone here might have the knowhow to setup the dish

thanks ive tried that since christmas but no luck.just taught someone here might have the knowhow to setup the dish

Im installing them everyday, I know what im talking about.

• Advertisement

ok well ill give it another try ,and c how it goes

hi bigpaddy just wondearing if u would b intrested in fitting the dish for me and what u would charge

hi bigpaddy just wondearing if u would b intrested in fitting the dish for me and what u would charge

I take it you had no luck?
    It's a 3 hour drive from me to you and vise versa. You are looking at 6 hours of driving for us, plus about 1 hour of setting it up for you. Thats a whole day plus a lot of diesel. I can pm you a price but it wont be pretty.

BTW what hardware are you using for your pc, SKYDSL BOX or pci card?
    What OS of windows have you got?

windows xp sp2 and a pci card ,well u can pm me the price anyway.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

I don't know too much about this, but since you are a bit over 8 deg west, the satellite will be due south of you (maybe slightly east of south). Add 6.8 degrees for magnetic south. Elevation will be about 28 degrees.

You can calculate the exact position here: http://www.satsig.net/ssazelm.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement