Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piccolo Italia

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Going in for dinner tonight. Can someone tell me exactly where it is please? I know its on O'Connell St on the left hand side(opposite to steakhouse, empire etc) but what is next door to it? Even easier would be, what is on the street across the road as i know all the shops etc there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

It's up a little more than that. It's next to the Limerick Leader building on the same block as the Bank bar. It's a basement restaurant so keep an eye out for the sign on the railings.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its in the basement of 55/56 O'Connell Street. If walking up O'Connell Street (away from Easons, BT etc.), I believe its on the block after The White House pub.

Fantastic restaurant, too... I've never had a bad meal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

It's a lovely restaurant - I just hope they leave a bit more space between the tables tonight than they did the last time I was there. There was a poor couple on a first date and they were so close to us that they may as well have been at our table. We felt really sorry for them as it was obvious that we could hear every word they said, just as they could hear everything we said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

I never understood why this place is so popular have been there a number of times and have found it cramped and the food very average.

Biggest problem now we really dont have a viable itialian alternative with Fatzoes and La Romanos gone.

Before anyone says it I know Milano do great pizza :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

sioda wrote: »
    I never understood why this place is so popular have been there a number of times and have found it cramped and the food very average.

Biggest problem now we really dont have a viable itialian alternative with Fatzoes and La Romanos gone.

Before anyone says it I know Milano do great pizza :)

+1

I got to agree with you there. I used to love San Lorenzos on steamboat quay, but sadly they have also closed up and put the place up for sale just after christmas.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Bella Italia is another good Italian place.
    Piccolo + Milano have the nicest pizzas, never got a good pizza from Bella Italia.
    hopefully CafeBarDeli will be ready soon, nice pizzas + pastas on their menu

Has anyone been to Bruscetta place down in Mount Kenneth yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

ROK is there any sign of CBD yet back in limerick in October and love CBD in dublin.

Bella to a great Lasagne to take away and cook yourself

Advertisement