Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stables 21st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I received an update on this at the weekend, but maybe some people know about this already.

The Stables 21st birthday is going to be held next Monday the 14th April.
    Tickets are €15.
    On sale tomorrow for 1st and 2nd years, and Wednesday for 3rd and 4th years.
    Tickets include free food voucher and a free drink voucher, which have to be redeemed on the night only, non-refundable. Must also be redeemed between 6 - 8 p.m.

There will be a DJ playing between 6 - 8 pm, followed later by a band.:)

Tickets are limited to ONE per person, and only valid student ID will be accepted, with the Stables Club sticker on the reverse side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

damn damndamn so cant get anyone to get my ticket for me cause that was my plan damn damn damn damn.. i want to sleep on wednesday..

Not exactly.
    I'm on co-op and I wont be able to queue for a ticket, but I have my sources behind the bar...One of the benefits of being an alcoholic I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kram_araman

Did ye get that email today about the 21st? Didnt say anything about it being limited to one per person so hopefully people can get at least two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Mossin wrote: »
    Tickets are limited to ONE per person.

Oh no, that means I have to queue :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

€15 for a ticket?! See you later!

Did ye get that email today about the 21st? Didnt say anything about it being limited to one per person so hopefully people can get at least two

The Stables Club 21st Party - Ticket Info
    Thursday, April 3rd, 2008
    Everything has been booked, arranged and confirmed: so now we can give you all the details of the Big 21st Birthday Bash! The ********** will be playing the Main Stage on the 14th April 2008! Tickets will be going on sale on the 8th and the 9th of April in the Students Union.

Due to phenomenal interest in this event, we are applying a quota system to the ticket sales. At 10 am on Tuesday 8th April, a percentage of the tickets will go on sale for First & Second Years only.

The rest of the tickets for this event will go on sale at 10 am on Wednesday 9th, and will be available to Third & Fourth Years only.

In order to purchase a ticket, the following conditions will apply:

You MUST have a valid UL ID Card, with a Stables Club membership sticker on the back.
    Each Ticket will incorporate a Food & Beverage Voucher. These vouchers are valid on the night only between 6pm and 8pm. There are no refunds on either the full ticket or unused portions.
    Tickets are limited to one per person, and tickets are non-transferable.
    The Stables Club reserves the right of admission, and no refunds will be made in the event of being refused admission.
    Any queries regarding this event can be directed to info@stablesclub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I gots my ticket :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

cson wrote: »
    I gots my ticket :cool:

I'm working. But of course. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kingkane

Do you get a discount if you were here when it opened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,928 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

AAWWW....wish I got into Limerick last year. I'm trying to beat my record of 5 gigs to see the *** *******(why won't anyone just mention their name?), have seen them twice so far this year bringing my grand total up to 14!
    God damnit, it sucks. They are playing Limerick again on the 4 May at some festival...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I forgot to get tickets. Are they still available does anyone know?
    mars bar wrote:
    why won't anyone just mention their name?
    Because they are promoted by the lovely people at MCD and we are not allowed by boards due to the chances of boards getting sued. See the sticky at the top of the forum.

cooperguy wrote: »

Nope, sold out I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,928 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

cooperguy wrote: »

Because they are promoted by the lovely people at MCD and we are not allowed by boards due to the chances of boards getting sued. See the sticky at the top of the forum.

Ah right...Well to all of ye going, enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

i wish i could do but i cant due to a little thing we call the FYP

After all my talk, I even started this thread, I dont have a ticket. :rolleyes:
    I'm gonna have to do a lot of begging/bugging the staff all day to try get a ticket now. It shouldnt be too much of a problem.

From what I heard last night however, the SU oversold tickets by 400 :eek::eek:

Apparently they were only supposed to sell 900, but they sold 1300 tickets.....

What a fcuking mental night! They who shall not be mentioned were pretty damn class; savage act! Have to say even though I was working twas somewhat enjoyable bar the one or two ejections and the minor injuries needing attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

funniest part of the night was the stage diver coming from behind mairtin the look on his face as your man jumped passed him was like "were the **** he come from?"

im still drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

why am already awake......*owwwww*.... good night, bar tenders in stables r sum retarded fockwads, didnt buy a single pint there last night, never will again either. theyre the most ignorant spanners anywhere (not only last nightm theyre always fockwads IMO)

good craic all the same, the womenzez were NICE.....(remembers now....sum girl stole my free t-shirt....:pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mr Seven

BEST GIG EVER!!!!

must say the staff at the lodge were pretty shocked when all the students showed up after the gig- they were expected a quiet monday evening

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

bar tenders in stables r sum retarded fockwads, didnt buy a single pint there last night, never will again either. theyre the most ignorant spanners anywhere (not only last nightm theyre always fockwads IMO)

/me grabs bag of crisps, beer and pulls up a pew

Thats fightin talk that is!

lol, ah no, but to be totally honest tho, I dont know of anywhere else where the staff is comprised of such a heap of ignorant twats. every single person behind that bar is an asshole. <wont tell ya what happened that easy tho ;)>

I stand by what I said tho, and will never buy anything in there again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mr Seven

you can't really make statements like that without backing it up with the reason.

I've never had a problem with the bar staff in the stables. Not sure if you've ever worked in a bar with a crowd like that. Its not easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

every single person behind that bar is an asshole. <wont tell ya what happened that easy tho ;)>

Hmmm the better part of 4 years drinking in there, knew/know most of the staff by name. Was given a pint or 3 on the house on occasion. Never had any trouble in the place and was always treated well by the staff (large crowd or not). I call bull**** if you're not going to provide any evidence to back up what you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

rmacm wrote: »
    Hmmm the better part of 4 years drinking in there, knew/know most of the staff by name. Was given a pint or 3 on the house on occasion. Never had any trouble in the place and was always treated well by the staff (large crowd or not). I call bull**** if you're not going to provide any evidence to back up what you said.
    As much and all as it pains me to say this but I agree with rmacm:D

The majority of the Stables staff are some of the most competent bar persons I have ever come across, and believe me I should know!!

I agree with mr. steven, rory and cooperguy on this too.

aright fair enough.

I got in ta the stables around 9ish (had work to do :() was starvin, so went up with the free meal voucher, very nice, got sum grub, job.

went up ta the bar then with the free drinks voucher (I've since learned that there was a seperate stand for this),not knowing this at the time, asked for the free drink at the bar. bar tender says "sorry, cant use that here", and goes off. so I call him back, n say; I'm entitled to my free drink...what gives?. he just says. no "fcuk off with that now" (no explanations r anything, just an ignorant and rude response). so i told him I wanted the manager over to me for a second (saw him behind the bar there, n wanted to say sumthin bout the voucher, but more so cause I was pissed with the barmans reply to me)... anyway, asked the barman to get the manager over, he tells sum other falla behind the bar, he looks at me n says "you fcuk off now or ill have you kicked out"

wasnt gonna let that ass ruin my night, so I just left it at that, never got a word in ta the manager either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

rmacm wrote: »

rmacm has it right, as always. I've never had any issues with the staff and like rmacm I knew most of them by name. I've also never seen any of the staff behave badly to anyone while I was there. As Mossin and Mr Seven said they are very competent there and its hard to work somewhere that gets as mad as the stables does on occasion.

I have a fair idea which bar man that was ....... I wouldnt be impressed either tbh!!

You were in the wrong initially, but that response is uncondonable!

However, to call them
    bar tenders in stables r sum retarded fockwads
    is ridiculous

• Advertisement

Mossin wrote: »
    I have a fair idea which bar man that was ....... I wouldnt be impressed either tbh!!

You were in the wrong initially, but that response is uncondonable!

However, to call them is ridiculous

I was in the wrong?....I hope you mean "You were wrong initially" as opposed to "In the wrong"

And calling them whatever I will is more of an opinion than a general observation. And I stand by it. I've had other bad experiences with members of the staff (not to this extent it must be said), so they've made my opinion of themselves, and it will stick.

And before anyone says "they were probably just stressed with the workload"; thats not at all a valid excuse, many jobs are stressful, deal with it in your own manner, theres no excuse to take it out on a customer.

Albeit, the entertainment and the buzz in the stables was savage craic :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement