Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Kitties on the way...

Options
  • 14-02-2008 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

My kitty is about to have kitties ...

She stays out on the farm during the day and comes in when we get home in the evening.

Under no circumstances can she have them indoors - him self will have kittens if she does...

Will she still come back for feeding if she has them outside?

Will the tom cats eat the kitties?

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

For gods sake why isn't she neutered.
    If she has to have the kittens then can't you make her a nice secure pen in a shed or outhouse with some heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

She had them really young - thought we had time to neuter her.

There is no problem with the kitties as we can always do with more cats in the yard.

Would she stay in the outhouse if I provided a bed etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I'm not sure it depends on the cat - but I would say yes even if she knows it's there she may use it to give birth.

Also you can get cats neutered at 3 months - please please ensure the kittens are done as before long you will end up with a problem on your hands
    Females can give birth as young as 15 weeks .

For further info on cats and kittens please see

www.kittenadoption.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Thats fine that you will always need cats. Get yours neutered and spayed and if you need more get them from a rescue or the pound. This is one of the reasons we have so many cats in this country being PTS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

set up a warm, dry place for her to have the kittens and look after them and get all the cats neutered asap including the mother and her kittens and if there are toms hanging around, you could borrow some cat traps and catch them and get them neutered as well, even if they aren't actually belonged to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement