Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing gun stocks

Options
  • 14-02-2008 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm in the process of trying to import some kind of gunstock for my savage centerfire rifle because the factory one is crap.Straight of the bat the hs-precision and McMillan's though probably the best are over my price range.I was looking at some of the lesser none stocks like the choate varmint,the bell and clarkson tactical or a nice laminate thumbhole from boyds gunstocks.Some will export outside the states some wont.

Does anyone have any experience with importing any of these or similiar stocks from the states or any half decent deal on anything second-hand in eire It'd be a great help!:)

thanks
    Remmy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

I imported one from the US - standard CZ one - no problems at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

im looking for a synthetic remington 700 stock too, anyone got one for me????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

thelurcher wrote: »
    I imported one from the US - standard CZ one - no problems at all.

From where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Slug chucker

Remmy wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm in the process of trying to import some kind of gunstock for my savage centerfire rifle because the factory one is crap.Straight of the bat the hs-precision and McMillan's though probably the best are over my price range.I was looking at some of the lesser none stocks like the choate varmint,the bell and clarkson tactical or a nice laminate thumbhole from boyds gunstocks.Some will export outside the states some wont.

Does anyone have any experience with importing any of these or similiar stocks from the states or any half decent deal on anything second-hand in eire It'd be a great help!:)

thanks
    Remmy

Remmy,
    Give this guy a shout:
    http://www.etssincusa.com/
    He'll sort you out, I imported the very same stock choate stock your talking about for a savage. It's nice but heavy I think about 4 Lbs!
    If you do go for it get this Harris bit also for your bipod:
    http://www.harrisbipods.com/HB6.html
    The bipod sits better against the stock than the rail accessory they supply with the stock.
    Check it out on my pic's:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055020656&page=8
    If you don't mind the extra weight the choate varmint stock creates a nice stable shooting platform for long distance work and it's very adjustable to suit your needs.
    Cheers,
    Slug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Sound man slugshooter,
    oh extra weight is a definite plus for mine.6.5 pounds,scope included in a .243.I'm not saying the recoil is bad it just plays around a fair bit off the bench or off bipods which is what I'd be mainly using it for with some long range bunnies and fox too.

What did that stock retail at when you got it into the country?

• Advertisement
Advertisement