Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how close are you to your dream car?

Options
  • 14-02-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

in short,
    how many cars away from the dream becoming reality?
    practical dream car.

For example I have the saloon version (non Intergrale :rolleyes: dedra)of the lancia delta intergrale, my dream car. would be happy with the Intergrale version of my saloon but even rarer than the Delta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Burnt Toast

About this close..

earth2_94110938.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Garda_boss

BMW 7 series from about 5 years ago. Will probably buy one in the next 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

E60 M5 - given the depreciation not that far away from a 3yr old one. The problem is <20mpg & 40k km/yr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

did say practical dream car, burnt toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

TheBazman wrote: »
    E60 M5 - given the depreciation not that far away from a 3yr old one. The problem is <20mpg & 40k km/yr

I woudl 2nd that, if they come close to €50k-€60k then I'll be tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Mercedes G-Wagon V8 AMG - Fully loaded in Black and all pimped out.

and I'm not too far away from it......if i got my ass in gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

im 500 euro away form a subaru that i wanted for years... im getting teh rest of the cash monday so i hope its still for sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

E46 M3, I reckon it'll be my next car. hopefully keep the diesel for long journeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Right this minute?
    20 yards or so. :D

That said, in three or four years time, something else (and another) will almost certainly be the 'dream car'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

How close am I to owning a '68 Dodge Charger R/T?

Not very. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Just got mine :D. Integra Type R fresh in from Japan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

e46 m3 should be next car...by next i mine in the next month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

logik wrote: »
    Just got mine :D. Integra Type R fresh in from Japan :)

nice choice, enjoy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Aston Martin DB6 - not close at all.

Early 80's V8 Vantage hmmm maybe with a lot of belt tightening , but with Aston if you have to ask you cant afford and unfortunately at this time I have to ask.... :rolleyes:

They are super looking imho.
    http://www.motorbase.com/profiles/picture/index.ehtml?i=1160368505

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thanks, i will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I always wanted a E39 5 Series, yay, i have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Brand spankin new 911. Not quite there yet ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

http://www.ruf-automobile.de/content.php?seite=seiten/modelle.php&archiv=&jahr=&details=1

RUF Rt12 with 4WD and the 650hp engine...nice.

How far away am I, very:(

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

SL65 AMG - far far away from it, currently have an 00 S320 next I think may be a CL500/600 but still major money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Karma wrote: »
    in short,
    how many cars away from the dream becoming reality?
    practical dream car.

For example I have the saloon version (non Intergrale :rolleyes: dedra)of the lancia delta intergrale, my dream car. would be happy with the Intergrale version of my saloon but even rarer than the Delta.

Delta Integrale for sale if you wanna make that dream come true ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Money-wise it's not a problem, since we're talking about practical dream cars, but there just remains a small gap between practicality and necessity. If mrs. Milltown could ditch the co. car and get some sort of allowance we'd be there. She could have the practical car and I'd have the dream car.

E46 M3 too btw. Unless we hang on a few years and get a 4 door E90 M3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    http://www.ruf-automobile.de/content.php?seite=seiten/modelle.php&archiv=&jahr=&details=1

RUF Rt12 with 4WD and the 650hp engine...nice.

How far away am I, very:(

Now that is an aspiration. My friend works on these in California, he's a Porsche "Meister", says that's the ultimate in cars for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Now that is an aspiration. My friend works on these in California, he's a Porsche "Meister", says that's the ultimate in cars for him.

Indeed, RUF seem like a dirty little secret. Friends of mine who consider themselves "Porsche experts" have never even heard of them. I'm a few years away from splashing out on one. Book price for the 650 Rt12 is €259,000.00, thats going to be some VRT bill!

Was in the US about two years ago. An american buddy of mine knew I'm interested in cars so he brought me to his uncle's house as he had a 'noisy old porsche'. Anyway I thought it might be an old clapped thing but interesting none the less, so i went along for the look. The uncle brought me into the garage and took the cover off the car in the corner - what was it but a mint 1987 RUF CTR, yes the Yellowbird. Needless to say I nearly sexed my pants!

Have yet to see a RUF in this country though. Going to be in Germany during the summer so plan on taking a detour via Pfaffenhausen to see where there made etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=622828

This is probably as close as I will get to owning one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

Im pretty close...... (discounting lambos etc.)

I just got a 360bhp Nissan 200sx :D

{although would prefer a nice skyline R34 GTR :rolleyes: }

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Fairly f**kin far away tbh

My realistic dream car: Mk 5 Golf GTI 5dr (in black)(with 19" monza's), Circa 40k
    My half realistic dream car: Audi Rs4 (in blue)(With the flat-bottomed steering wheel), Circa 100k new
    My unrealistic dream car: Ferrari F430 Coupe (In red)(with carbon ceramic brakes), Circa 300k new
    My money no object dream car: Pagani Zonda F (In bright orange), Circa 700k incl vrt.Probably a lot more after July
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

360bhp? surley its a tuned 300zx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 terrier98045

well if i ever get my old one on the road I might be able to get out there and see what else is about!

serious though does anyone know how to reset a imobiliser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

bazz26 wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=622828

This is probably as close as I will get to owning one of those.

He's trying to sell that for months now. The previous owner should be shot with balls of his own shyte for molesting it.
    That's the price without VRT paid!
    I'm planning on one of these too, maybe within the next 18 months. If not then, then never.

@ Ronnie3585 -> CTR firebird - SAVAGE machine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Biro wrote: »
    The previous owner should be shot with balls of his own shyte for molesting it.

He, he, he... LMFAO! Great quote. Biro, you're poet!

Advertisement