Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

isuzu dmax

Options
  • 14-02-2008 1:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

was thinking of buying an isuzu dmax automatic diesel , i know the isuzu trooper got a terrible rap this past number of years but the experts tell me the dmax was not victim to the same problems and that there an entirely different beast
    they seem to be really good value 2nd hand , at least 5k cheaper than the toyota hilux , they look just as robust a machine to me as the hilux so i think i might keep my 5 k and buy a dmax , a cobra to be precise
    05 one on carzone for 21k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the 3.0 in the DMax is only 130bhp and in real life, a 2.5 hilux is more powerful and quicker.
    Late 06 models got 170bhp.
    Automatic box would be painful given how slow and high revving the manual version is.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Panda Moanium

I drove the 3 litre 170 bhp version recently, very torquey low down the rev range, felt like it would pull a house. Against that, it didn't feel that quick on acceleration or for overtaking.

Interestingly Isuzu specifically mention in their press stuff for this vehicle that the engine is totally different to that used in the earlier Trooper. Wonder why they felt the need to say that :rolleyes:

I thought the cabin is one of the better around. The seats aren't as low to the floor as some other pick-ups, more SUV like in their position. Road manners are pretty good, plenty of room for rear seat passengers in the double cab, build quality seem as good as any. Only gripe was the aftermarket stereo with miniscule buttons.

Depending on your taste, styling may be a bit bling, but it certainly has presence on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The D-Max isn't that bling in standard form, it's the addition of extras that makes them stand out.

biringham390.jpg

westendD-MGre256.jpg

The D-Max is pricey enough, same as a 3.0 Hilux.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

great looking jeep just make sure u get the cobra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 the legend01

moe_sizlak wrote: »
    was thinking of buying an isuzu dmax automatic diesel , i know the isuzu trooper got a terrible rap this past number of years but the experts tell me the dmax was not victim to the same problems and that there an entirely different beast
    they seem to be really good value 2nd hand , at least 5k cheaper than the toyota hilux , they look just as robust a machine to me as the hilux so i think i might keep my 5 k and buy a dmax , a cobra to be precise
    05 one on carzone for 21k

Hi There , i have a 2005 Dmax with a chrome cobra kit for sale , ive had it since new and has 82000 Km on it , Full ISUZU Service history , first to see will buy as this one is one of a kind , it has 20" Chrome wheels , Front A bar with two spot lights , Back cover with Roll Bar and 4 spots fitted , Sun roof , Upgraded Audio system , Air con , Too many extras to list , im looking for 21 for it myself too , ive never had a problem with the dmax , i know from the past that the turbo often blew in the trooper as i have some friends that fell victim to that one but the dmax is a newer designed and a lot more robust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The D-Max isn't that bling in standard form, it's the addition of extras that makes them stand out.

biringham390.jpg

westendD-MGre256.jpg

The D-Max is pricey enough, same as a 3.0 Hilux.

perhaps there the same price new

a 3 yr old dmax is about 5 k cheaper than a hilux though

p.s
    im not sure im going to buy one now as i hear they have quite poor ground clearance , i should perhaps mention that im going from a landrover defender passenger which has the best ground clearance of any jeep
    im only selling it because the leg room is so awful and leg room is an issue for me
    its about aswell spec,d a defender as you will ever see
    none on carzone hold a candle to it

Advertisement