Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparison between available broadband services

Options
  • 14-02-2008 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am planning on getting broadband and have no telephone line. Plus being able to move it to another city when I move later on is useful anyway. So I'm looking at some options - As I see it there's not a huge choice, but the one's I've found so far are - Irish Broadband, Ice Broadband, Clearwire, then Vodafone, O2 and 3 also offer wireless connections.

The mobile networks broadband connections seem to be cheaper and seem to offer a higher speed. Sounds a bit strange or is it true? I need some advice from people who have any of these connections already. Which would you recommend? Which are definitely a bad choice? And how do they compare to each other?

Thanks alot,

Michelle

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I've got IBB Breeze (wireless but not portable) at home. For work I've got an O2 wireless thingy that works (nearly) everywhere.

Apart from the main differences in the products the O2 is not that stable. Frequently (about 3 times a day) I get disconnected from the internet. This doesn't happen on my home internet connection. It's acceptable for work as I can just reconnect. It wouldn't be acceptable for the stuff I use my broadband for at home (larger downloads, torrents, playing games online)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Advertisement