Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hall of Fame 2008

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

rossie1977 wrote: »
    tickets available now

Just got 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

its seems they are all gone again or ticketmaster is just up to its usual tricks, there were tickets for section 108 available but not any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

got 2 in section 220 after 45 mins of trying, now theres better seats available grrrrrrrr, might buy better ones and flog the ones i have there, feck its its only 80 quid anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 deviniscool

Is the whole ground level seating taken up by the wrestlers/families? I couldn't get a single floor seat.

3427s.gif

I'm in 108 Row T

Is the whole ground level seating taken up by the wrestlers/families? I couldn't get a single floor seat.

when i attended in 2004 the first 15 rows or so were wrestlers and their families, we were like first row directly behind the wrestlers like teddy long, the coach etc (there was a large open space between us and them though)

Tickets are now on sale on Ebay (Crazy prices) it's just wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

EdK wrote: »
    I dont mean to sound harsh but the women over the last few years have not really achieved much have they?, Sherri Martel,Moolah Ivory hmm I dont see it.

Trish is about the only one maybe but that wouldnt be for years either unless you count a playboy cover as an achievement, Im not saying some of the women are bad wrestlers but they dont really stand out too much

What did Lita ever do or Molly really

Atleast Chyna was the first woman IC champ

What did Trish do? She was a crap wrestler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

She was great in her last few years. Awful at first

trish was a decent wrestler at the end, her improvement is one of the greatest in WWE history imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 deviniscool

I guess they figure they should add Mae Young, seeing as how she's not getting any younger. Ohh, get it? Younger.

Hahahah.. ahem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Y2J IS GOD

Mae Young's WWE Hall of Fame inductor(s) will likely be either Stephanie McMahon or a slew of babyface WWE Divas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Y2J IS GOD wrote: »
    Mae Young's WWE Hall of Fame inductor(s) will likely be either Stephanie McMahon or a slew of babyface WWE Divas

they should get the dudley boyz:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Trish should be the one to induct Mae, but somehow Stephanie seems right. Dunno why.

• Advertisement

Minto wrote: »
    Trish should be the one to induct Mae, but somehow Stephanie seems right. Dunno why.

Why?

lizann wrote: »
    Why?

I assume ya mean why Trish? I think it should be her because she is one of the greatest female wrestlers around at the moment and Mae was one of the greatest female wrestlers. To me it just clicks.

I assume ya mean why Trish? I think it should be her because she is one of the greatest female wrestlers around at the moment and Mae was one of the greatest female wrestlers. To me it just clicks.

But she is not a wrestler anymore.

But she is not a wrestler anymore.

So by your logic, The Rock can't induct his Dad and Grandad, cos he "isn't a wrestler anymore"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

So by your logic, The Rock can't induct his Dad and Grandad, cos he "isn't a wrestler anymore"?

very good point! on a related topic, how long does everyone think itll be before rock himself is inducted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

very good point! on a related topic, how long does everyone think itll be before rock himself is inducted?

I think the WWE might try and squeeze a match out of him at the next WM and the carrot might be a HOF induction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The Rock doesnt need any carrots but the millions of carats he's already getting

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I think the WWE might try and squeeze a match out of him at the next WM and the carrot might be a HOF induction.

nah i doubt theyll get him in a match, maybe just an appearance like hogan makes! and tbh if they use a HOF induction as a sweetener doesnt that demean the hof itself? )almost as if people can buy their way in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

nah i doubt theyll get him in a match, maybe just an appearance like hogan makes! and tbh if they use a HOF induction as a sweetener doesnt that demean the hof itself? )almost as if people can buy their way in)

I don't see how you can demean the HOF, it doesn't mean much anyway. There's no criteria, unlike every legitimate HOF, it's just whoever Vince wants in on a certain year. Putting Rocky Johnson in is demeaning enough, what did he ever do?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't see how you can demean the HOF, it doesn't mean much anyway. There's no criteria, unlike every legitimate HOF, it's just whoever Vince wants in on a certain year. Putting Rocky Johnson in is demeaning enough, what did he ever do?!

Exactly, there's a whole host of people, like Savage, who will never be voted in because at the end of the day its Vince's decision who gets in and his only. At this stage its more a tool to get people to appear and sell tickets, like the Rock this year or to shill more merch, like the Dusty DVD in 2006. That's not to sat Dusty is undeserving, becauase he is, he's tied with Flair as my favourite promo guy of all time....."Ric Flayuh has brought haaat tahmes on Dushteh Rhodes and his faambleh!!!"

No I never said that. The Rock is a great choice to induct his Dad, but what has Trish got to do with Mae Young?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Y2J IS GOD wrote: »

Id rather see the hand get the honours :eek:

Wanty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

krudler wrote: »
    they should get the dudley boyz:D

:) I will never forget the sight of an old woman being put through a table. An unforgettable moment.

No I never said that. The Rock is a great choice to induct his Dad, but what has Trish got to do with Mae Young?

Who would you have induct Mae? Trish is a modern great and Mae was one of the greats of yester-year. To me one great female wrestler indicting another fits the HOF. If you still don't get it, I can't explain it any better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Who would you have induct Mae? Trish is a modern great and Mae was one of the greats of yester-year. To me one great female wrestler indicting another fits the HOF. If you still don't get it, I can't explain it any better!

Moolah would obviously have done it had she been alive i think it probably should be a McMahon maybe Stephanie or Linda failing that maybe another respected old timer like Patterson or somebody

• Advertisement

You don't have to explain anything, you want Trish to do the job (and thats cool) but I would like it to be someone who worked with Mae.

I don't think Trish should induct Mae it should be someone who had a storyline or reacted with her in some way

maybe The Dudleyz or Mark Henry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR7YGfn4hLo

Sorry but Trish <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Mae Young

Its ok if maybe Trish, Lita, Chyna, Steph, Victoria and any other actual diva wrestlers induct her all together

Credit: ProWrestling.net

Several TNA wrestlerrs have purchased tickets to WWE's Hall of Fame ceremony this year. TNA is not planning to disrupt the even or stage a publicity stunt in any way, but rather the wrestlers bought their own tickets because they want to see Ric Flair be inducted into the Hall of Fame. This is a true testament to how much respect The Nature Boy has within the wrestling industry.

There's no word on who actually has bought seats for the ceremony, but depending on who they are WWE may show them on camera. With reports that Scott Hall may be accompanying Jake Roberts to the ceremony, rumors are going around that Kevin Nash may be one of the TNA wrestlers attending.

Credit: ProWrestling.net

Jake Roberts is scheduled to be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame next month. Apparently he will be given a temporary release from his rehab treatment to attend the award show.

There are also rumblings that Scott Hall, who is in the same treatment facility as Roberts, might attend the H.O.F. ceremony with Roberts.

Roberts is one of the only wrestlers who openly and publicly accepted WWE's rehab offer, and even sent out a thank you letter to Vince. We don't have an update on Roberts' condition, but Scott Hall is said to be doing exceptionally well and looks forward to mending broken business relationships when he completes his treatment.

WWE plans on having Dusty Rhodes induct Eddie Graham into the WWE Hall of Fame. Mike Graham will be accepting the award. Names confirmed thus far include Ric Flair, High Chief Peter Maivia, Rocky Johnson, Mae Young and The Brisco Brothers - Jack & Gerald. Gordon Solie will more than likely be announced as the final name next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

The thing that always annoys me about the WWE hall of fame is that it is often anything but WWE i.e. some inductees were never even in WWE or certainly made their name in wrestling elsewhere like Nick Bockwinkel, plus the induction of people like Pete Rose and William Perry is a joke.

These are long overdue in my view –
    Ricky Steamboat
    Rick Martel
    Dynamite Kid
    Ted DiBiase
    Jake Roberts

These are also well deserved but I’ve heard WWE don’t like inducting too many guys who have passed away for fear of giving the event a morbid feel -
    Bam Bam Bigelow
    Rick Rude
    Big Bossman
    Yokozuna
    Owen Hart
    Davey Boy Smith

Demolition – Far from the best technically, but the most memorable team WWF had in the 80’s, but possibly unlikely due to Ax’s big fallout with Vince

Legion of Doom – Once they’ve gotten the accolade of “1st active wrestler to be inducted” out of the way with Flair, they may open the door to other guys who are still wrestling, like Animal. Let’s face it, him accepting on behalf of Hawk and himself would be unforgettable

Ultimate Warrior – Never gonna happen I suspect
    Randy Savage – Same here

As far as Women inductees go, after Moolah there was literally no-one even in contention for a hall of fame place until the turn of the century (Except maybe Alundra Blaze and Chyna, in both cases – see Warrior and Savage). In the last 7 – 8 years I don’t think anyone could argue that Lita and Trish were the pioneers of the modern day women’s division, not just for ring skills but over all contribution, through involment in major angles. And you could even argue that it was Sunny and Sable who reopened the door to women being a part of WWE, but because of their age, I wouldn’t expect any of them any time soon.

And of course, over all of these, the fact that Todd Pettengill is still not inducted is the biggest insult of all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

Gordon Solie will be the latest (and last) person announced for this year's WWE Hall of Fame class. Jim Ross will be the inductor. No word yet on who's accepting the award for Solie, who passed away in 2000.

d-fens i have to agree with most odf your picks but mainly id love to see owen hart inducted, i think the man was always a professional and deserves it.
    RIP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

d-fens i have to agree with most odf your picks but mainly id love to see owen hart inducted, i think the man was always a professional and deserves it.
    RIP!

His wife would be completely against it.

His wife would be completely against it.

Why? She got what she wanted (a s**t load of money)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Why? She got what she wanted (a s**t load of money)

She blames WWE for the death of her husband and she's got solid reasons to. They didn't give her all that money because they were being generous. They settled with her out of court because she clearly had a case.

If I was in her shoes, I wouldn't want anything to do with the WWE either.

She might have got what she wanted (after a very long time) in terms of compensation. She lost the future she wanted for her life though and you can't put a price on that.

She might have got what she wanted (after a very long time) in terms of compensation. She lost the future she wanted for her life though and you can't put a price on that.

Very true, I guess I was a bit harsh.

She blames WWE for the death of her husband and she's got solid reasons to. .

ye thats true, how can a multi million doller company not have correct harnesses or equipment......thats not for discussion ere tbh, i think most people agree that he would definatley deserve to be inducted!

Advertisement