Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Slow??

Options
  • 14-02-2008 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi, i have done many speed tests on my connection and i am getting these results,

234316070.png

i have the standard 2mb connection from eircom. and one computer running off the modem (netopia 3347NWG), this has been going on for a few months now and i hav also noticed on my router page its saying Speed 1024/128 (kbps), is that not the standard 1mb connection?, looks like eircom are trying to rip ppl off maybe.
    i dont think there is anything wrong with the exchange. the line Attenuation is 34/20 dB, any suggestions?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You're on the wrong package. Ring and get them to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darren05

yeh ill be giving them a ring today and see what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Mr.S wrote: »
    just wondering, is this a good speed for the 2mb service?

234320189.png

Spot on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mr.S wrote: »
    just wondering, is this a good speed for the 2mb service?

234320189.png

thats grand, :)

Advertisement