Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Bargains!

Options
  • 14-02-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

A new Centra store has opened in Caltragh (at last!), spend e40 get a FREE BOTTLE OF WINE. Yaaay!

Any other bargains around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Centra is a ripoff in general and I doubt the bottle of wine cost them more than 2-3euro tbh. Their markup on other products would have justified their free bottle of wine.

Go to Dunnes and you'll have saved more in total

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I'd have thought Centra was just a corner shop or something? Who'd spend over €40 there? Wouldn't consider that a bargain really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Its a convinience store, I don't mind paying for the convienience. When I do a big shop, I'll use the supermarkets, but for daily milk, bread, papers, cigs this is great for me.

Unfortunately, I will often spend e40 in this type of store so a free bottle of wine is cool.:)

They have these great shopping baskets with long handles, that can be pulled up and used as a little trolley! (I'm easily pleased.)

takola wrote: »
    I'd have thought Centra was just a corner shop or something? Who'd spend over €40 there? Wouldn't consider that a bargain really.

This one sells everything! As well as the usual stock, they have for example, fresh ginger, herbs, crab, steak, little roast joints, pineapples, avocados etc etc

ITS COOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Any of it local produce?

• Advertisement

I'm not a huge fan of Centra in general, but they do sell decent wines on special offer most of the time and cheaper than Tesco. Yep - you can get cheaper one's in Tesco for sure, but they'll only be good for cleaning paint brushes.

Any of it local produce?

I don't know. Didn't check the labels.

I'm assuming the pineapples, ginger and avocados are not though. :)

sueme wrote: »
    I don't know. Didn't check the labels.

I'm assuming the pineapples, ginger and avocados are not though. :)

I'd safely say you might be right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Centra is handier for me than trekking into Whine Street Carpark

I find the value pretty good to be honest.

Well if you'll spend over €40 in there a free bottle of wine will always come in handy! :D

Glad to see the shop up there opened at last!

• Advertisement

I'd spend between 40 & 60 on most of my visits tbh!

How is that possible? Do ye do day to day shopping rather there rather than weekly trip to Tesco/Dunnes?

takola wrote: »
    How is that possible? Do ye do day to day shopping rather there rather than weekly trip to Tesco/Dunnes?

Pretty much!

€40's a lot alright....

My daily purchases would be

2 x 20 fags €14.90
    4 x Cans Becks €7.16
    1 Bottle Red €7.99

TOTAL = €30.05

I'd have to buy another 2 bottles of wine to get a free one. There's no way I'd get up for work the next day.

Advertisement