Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chef Brown Sauce

• 14-02-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Is it just me, or has Chef recently changed its Brown Sauce?

I've bought several bottles in different shops - and they all tasted the same.

Personally, I don't like the change - preferred to the way it was before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Not sure about the brown but I know they changed the ketchup :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

They probably made it "healthy". Like was done with Tayto, TUC crackers, chips etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I am a Brown Sauce despiser.

What is the new ketchup like? I couldn't stand the old one, and am firmly in the Heinz camp, but if Chef has changed I may give it another go.

moving to Snacks and Sweets too, this is where the last sauce thread was. ..

/mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Kenpo wrote: »
    Is it just me, or has Chef recently changed its Brown Sauce?

I've bought several bottles in different shops - and they all tasted the same.

Personally, I don't like the change - preferred to the way it was before.

So its not just me! ive noticed this espically in the new none drip squeezy bottles more so

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Thanks The Real B-man - I was cracking up thinking it was just me.

Have to say I'm quite disappointed about this - I use Chef 2/3 times a week.
    I tried HP/YR but I don't like them as much.

Is there any point sending a mail to Chef and complaining?

K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

yeah definately let them know, companies like that love feed back might get you something in return, if nothing else it'll get you an answer!

So I've sent my complaint in, we'll see if I get a response.

If anyone else wants to let them know you are dissatisfied with the change to Chef Brown Sauce, send it here:

http://www.jacobfruitfield.com/site/

Thanks

K

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Great i sent them a complaint!

Hi everyone,

So last week I was in Dunnes and noticed a bottle of Chef Brown Sauce dated Feb 2010 (It was a small glass bottle). All the other bottles I had tried (which tasted weird) were dated 2009.

I bought it out of curiosity - and it tasted FINE (back to the original taste).

Could someone else try a 2010 bottle and confirm its ok?

Thanks

K

Advertisement