Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surge Protection In-Line.

Options
  • 14-02-2008 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good source for In-Line surge protectors for RJ45 Phone/Modem connections?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Some power surge protectors come with these built in too. Maplin/Argos/PC World - all should stock them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

rkm wrote: »
    Some power surge protectors come with these built in too. Maplin/Argos/PC World - all should stock them

Not what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for In-Line Surge Protectors specifically for RJ45 phone lines.

I don't want then incorporated into 13Amp mains sockets.

These are simple devices that have a line in at one end and a phone & modem\Comp connection at the other end (All RJ45)

I know they are available because I have some of them here.

They were originally available from Roaches & Atlantic home care but are no longer stocked by either.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ah I see, I haven't come across any like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

rkm wrote: »
    Ah I see, I haven't come across any like that.

Cheers for the reply anyway rkm :)

-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sean55 wrote: »

After six years I'm sure he's found what he was looking for. And that unit you linked to has a BT (=UK) connector which is probably not a suitable solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sean55

Yes, I'm aware of all that, thanks. BT conversion thing isn't insuperable problem.

Sometimes I search boards.ie and come across stuff, historical stuff, that I find useful. I just assumed others do this too and that's why I posted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sean55 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm aware of all that, thanks. BT conversion thing isn't insuperable problem.

Sometimes I search boards.ie and come across stuff, historical stuff, that I find useful. I just assumed others do this too and that's why I posted. :)

What exactly is 'useful' about a six year old question looking for a pretty basic connector with surge protection?

How is humanity served by you suggesting a unit which doesn't even meet the stated requirements - and six years too late at that?

Your justification for dragging up an ancient thread is self-serving nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sean55

Oh well, you've made yourself clear. Bye. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Please don't bump old threads. Even while the intention is good, people rarely read the post date and expect post one is recent.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement