Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Family Actvities in Galway

Options
  • 14-02-2008 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I've been asked to recommend some stuff for a couple from the US and their toddler. They're interested in Trad music sessions, but AFAIK most don't kick off til about 9.30, by which time the kid will have to be out of the pub. Any suggestions anyone - its a while since I've lived in Galway so I'm struggling a bit :o

Other non-booze fuelled suggestions of what do also most welcome. Would February be suitable for a trip to the Aran Islands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

The atlantaquaria is worth a visit, though it's not exactly sea world if they're septics and used to the big league

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

how old is the 'toddler'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭aonfocaleile

2 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Taaffes trad is sometimes on at about 530ish or 6. they could get about an hour before kids are asked to leave at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

I’m not sure if you are looking for things to keep the toddler busy, after 9pm, or just in general.There are a good few “free” things to do around town. There are various playgrounds, Feeding the ducks in Woodquay. Walking the Prom. The county library, kite flying down in southpark.etc
    There are also some other places to try. Busy Bees or Hip Kids type of place. The atlantaquaria, as mentioned in an earlier post. Two year olds have a very short attention spell, as you may find out.
    Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

The Cliffs of Moher/Burren and Connemarra bus tours would probably be entertaining enough for them and passable for the kid if they brought things to entertain him/her on the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭pops

There is a good Galway-based website which would definitely be worthwhile checking out. It gives listings of activities both indoor and outdoor for families and also has a forum that they could ask galway parents about various things. mykidstime.ie

Advertisement