Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox failure rate POLL

• 14-02-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

I dont believe those 16% figures. Lets see what percentage of boards.ie xbox 360s died (for whatever reason once it wasnt your fault i.e dropping it).

Did your xbox 360 die ? 107 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No (not yet)
    100% 107 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

launch console lasted 14 months ( RROD ).

brand new replacement from smyths lasted 6 months (RROD ).

i have an elite now since the halo launch ( causing me some worry at the moment ) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Poll needs more options. My launch console died, the replacement and second unit we bought since then haven't. Another we bought for someone else has been fine too (so one faulty out of 4).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Launch Console failed after 8 months.
    Fixed console failed within 1 week.
    Replacement console failed after 8 monts.
    Fixed console broke after 1 week.
    Fixed console broke after 15 minuts.
    Fixed console broke after 3 hours.
    Fixed Console broke afer 1 day.

Current console working for about a month now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Bought mine Feb 07.......got the RROD 2 weeks ago. (Feb 08)
    It's currently in Germany getting fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Launch Console Still going Strong
    elite about 4 month's old going strong
    second elite about 2 month's old also going strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Bought mine 2nd hand last July, still going fine for me... *realizes he's just jinxed it... :eek:*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

console 1:
    First played christmas day, broke, dodgy cd drive

console 2:
    RROD died summer 07

console 3:
    RROD died minute i started console 2

console 4:
    RROD died minute i started console 3

console 5:
    RROD died a week after console 4

console 6:
    Working nicely since then, seems the power brick unit was faulty and was shooting to much power in

being going well since touch wood

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Had mine two years now. Just got a bit of a scare with the opposite 3 red rings lighing up one time but that was due to the power cable and it sometimes take a couple of attempts to turn it on.

Of my freinds that have 360's nobody has had to return theirs yet due to the RROD either, apart from the one guy who on opening the box at home found it was just full of cables as the delivery driver had obviously helped themselves from the back of the lorry. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Launch console died after a couple of months, replacement has been perfect since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

all you have to do is keep it well ventilated, some people have their xbox in cabinets ect....

maybe the older ones would break down no matter how well ventilated they are but with the new ones running so cool compared to older models i cant ever see mine breaking down (touch wood)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Like has been already said, we need more options for the poll (though its been done several times already here), as I'm on my 5th.
    But you also have to remember that people who have had problems are more likley to particiapate than those who haven't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I had one it broke, my little brothers have my replacement now which has been running fine as is my elite! 1 out of 3 for me (so far)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Console 1 (premium) DOA - Tray would not open
    Console 2 (replacement for 1st premium) - No problems, traded for elite after year or so
    Console 3( Elite 1 Zephyr) - Died after 2 weeks
    Console 3 (Elite 2 Falcon - replacement for Elite 1) - Died after 5 weeks,currently on hols in Germany.

All consoles were kept well ventilated, hardly ever moved in a dust free environment.

Console 1 (premium) DOA - Tray would not open
    Console 2 (replacement for 1st premium) - No problems, traded for elite after year or so
    Console 3( Elite 1 Zephyr) - Died after 2 weeks
    Console 3 (Elite 2 Falcon - replacement for Elite 1) - Died after 5 weeks,currently on hols in Germany.

All consoles were kept well ventilated, hardly ever moved in a dust free environment.

my condolences :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Had a launch system, worked fine, thought the rrod was overdue so I upgraded to an Elite three weeks ago, so 0/2 rrod for me. Five of my friends have 360 and only one had rrod so that would make 1/7 consoles. However to of my friends had problems with their PS3's not reading their disks so I think the failure rate for PS3 is higher that 3%, still not near the 360 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I only got my first one for christmas, but this thread is frightening the crap out of me! I didn't realise the things break-down so often! What's this RROD thing?! It sounds like the 360 version of aids or something!

orestes wrote: »
    I only got my first one for christmas, but this thread is frightening the crap out of me! I didn't realise the things break-down so often! What's this RROD thing?! It sounds like the 360 version of aids or something!

welcome to the world of fear that all we xbox owners live in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Not yet (crosses everything and prays this isn't tempting faith).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have 4, 2 died and another one died before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

tusky make sure you factor in the amount of consoles that died per person, by m rough count from posts its well over 400%

Got mine last april still going, it will die on april 28th of that i am 100% sure.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Currently on my 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

RROD X 2. Lasted 13 months from purchase (oct 06 build). Then lasted 4 days after repair. Awaiting replacement..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Mine lasted13 months, I reckon it was powered on for no more than 80 hours in that time, so I'd say the failure rate for hardcore gamers must be shocking.
    orestes wrote: »

Bulgarian scientists are comparing it to Super Aids. This is why I wear latex gloves when playing my 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Launch console (and bought it second hand) and never a problem :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nope, not yet but only have it about 5 - 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mine still going, have it 14 months now

I've never had a console die on me, i'm blessed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My Xbox died in January after a Christmas '06 purchase, so around 13 months use.
    My repaired Xbox returned on Tuesday complete with constant screen freezes. So a whole 24 hours after it returned it has been repackaged and awaiting the UPS man to take it back to Deutschland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

15 months and stil going strong.....

everyone i know except one other that own an xbox had RROD

i feel so lucky:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

Had my first one about 8 months when the dvd drive went,have the replacement about 6 months going strong(touch wood)

Advertisement