Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox failure rate POLL

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have mine since July 07 and (touch wood) no issues yet.

I have mind raised slightly so that it gets ventilation from all sides. Plus i dont play it as often as some people might. Every day sometimes, but not for hours on end.

I dont find polls like this give a true indication of the issue as usually you only get people from both extremes who vote. really the only way to get an accurate poll is by taking a proper random sample of 1000 people or getting figures from MS direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

faceman wrote: »
    ....or getting figures from MS direct.

You'd trust them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Garda_boss

I have mine since July 07 and (touch wood) no issues yet.

I have mind raised slightly so that it gets ventilation from all sides. Plus i dont play it as often as some people might. Every day sometimes, but not for hours on end.

I dont find polls like this give a true indication of the issue as usually you only get people from both extremes who vote. really the only way to get an accurate poll is by taking a proper random sample of 1000 people or getting figures from MS direct.
    What extremes? Your box is either brokern or not, there is no in between. Polls like this are accurate as there is no alterior motive behind the results.

Just think of your circle of friends who have had xboxs and it makes sense that 10% failure rates are far too low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I find it funny that 1000 people isn't a big enough sample size to check for Xbox failures to some people when most people will take any survey saying air gives you cancer seriously if they used a sample of 1,000 or less.

Hell I've seen sample sizes of 40 for declaring that something gives you cancer and it made into plenty of magazines and I heard people talking about it in work.

1000 is too small a sample size to prove anything but it might be a good indication if it was a random sample of 360 users and not skewed to lower the number.

I don't think its quite high enough to declare that a particular food group or gas gives you cancer though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Garda_boss wrote: »
    What extremes? Your box is either brokern or not, there is no in between. Polls like this are accurate as there is no alterior motive behind the results.

studies have been done into the relevence of polls.
    wrote:
    Just think of your circle of friends who have had xboxs and it makes sense that 10% failure rates are far too low.

none of my friends have had RROD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Launch day console lasted at least until i traded it in against an Elite.

The Elite lasted a week before the DVD Drive died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Have had 3 of them die on me and 1 was an Elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

none of my friends have had RROD

You freinds have all the luck,

Failure rate is 75%(3/4) among my good friends, the 1 that didnt was got at christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Just the one RRoD for me, not a launch console bought about 3 or 4 months post launch, and went last September

My brothers Launch console died within a few days of getting it, and now his replacment is off for reapir with RRoD

My Friends one is away for reapir with RRoD

My other brother had his console back from a RRoD repair for less than a week and it went again.

So it seems the failure rate is fairly high from my PoV, but it still to good a console to chuck out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Launch console here still going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement