Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell are ****

Options
  • 14-02-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭

Ordered a new laptop Nov 30th- after getting no response from them I was transferred from department to department until some lady asked me for the same details I had to fill out on line. I just told her to forget it and cancel the order. She was apologising for about 5 minutes and refused to cancel the order, in the end I had to hang up on her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Yeah I dont really understand this - I just have to assume that you are the lose when it comes to ordering online.

Ordered a laptop for my girlfriend last month and it was delivered in two weeks, despite all her friends telling her how they ordered before xmas and had to wait months and blah blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Thats bad alright - what laptop did you order ? I know there has been a delay with some parts.

At least the lady apologised - It wasnt her fault.

Did she mention why she wouldnt / couldnt cancel the order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Im not very techy so I don't know the specs. It was one of those chappies with the flash covers. Basically they never even processed the order. I got a confirmation e-mail but that's as far as it went. I didn't want an apology- I wanted the fricking laptop and I told her to stop apologising and please process the order. She took my delivery details AGAIN, she TOOK my name AGAIN, she hummed and hawed for ten minutes and in the end I just said forget it. I ordered on the 30th of November. Never again.

Buy off the dell outlet, they're ready made machines, can pick a good spec and they ship immediately - I've bought two pc's from there and never had any trouble; the prices are generally great too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Cool- you got a link?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Dell Outlet can sometimes have amazingly good offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Dell are not great for ordering or for sorting out any problems that might crop up but the products are excellent if you can get what you ordered!

i have had 2 seperate orders changed by salespeople on two occasions! both involved them replacing the widescreen monitor a had ordered with a standard aspect monitor saving dell around €80 and the worst thing is they don't tell you they have changed your specs

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

How would you know if something was changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

To be fair though, from a logistics point of view, Ireland is a friggin nightmare.

No postcodes, and the amount of people that have an address like

Johnny Mc Flurry
    Togherbognacka
    Cork

Courer Instructions: Go past the windy road, left at micks pub, straight on past the GAA hall and stop at the garden with the adandoned cars. Ask the old man for directions, he will ask you a riddle, just tell richie to feck off and to tell you where me house is.

Alot of logistics systems will not even accept some addresses as their not in their database. Bear in mind Dell don't even do their own logistics, its probably Kuene and Nagle or BG Turnkey ...

All in all i've never had a problem, although i know a guy 10 minutes drive away from my own house that had fierce problems because the last line courier was a lazy tool.

• Advertisement

craichoe wrote: »
    To be fair though, from a logistics point of view, Ireland is a friggin nightmare.

No postcodes, and the amount of people that have an address like

Johnny Mc Flurry
    Togherbognacka
    Cork

Courer Instructions: Go past the windy road, left at micks pub, straight on past the GAA hall and stop at the garden with the adandoned cars. Ask the old man for directions, he will ask you a riddle, just tell richie to feck off and to tell you where me house is.

Alot of logistics systems will not even accept some addresses as their not in their database. Bear in mind Dell don't even do their own logistics, its probably Kuene and Nagle or BG Turnkey ...

All in all i've never had a problem, although i know a guy 10 minutes drive away from my own house that had fierce problems because the last line courier was a lazy tool.

to be fair the logistics is not the problem as the company dealing with dell deliveries in this area while a large company do have local people delivering in this area and i have never had any problem even with them meeeting me in town if i was not at home when they called, they are brilliant!

the main problem is dell sales and care staff not listening to customers and not reading emails sent by customers(they are based in india) i ordered a pc with widescreen monitor and confirmed my order with an email giving the product codes and emphasising i required a widescreen monitor but the salesperson ignored all this and gave a standard monitor!

on the other order i had ordered a specific Dell offer advertised in the papers and gave the exact dell code from the add for that pc including monitor but the salesperson got something so simple wrong! even when i sent a photocopy of the offer they seemed not to want to fix the order!

it did not appear to be a language or comprehension issue as they both repeated all details correctly to me but they then changed the order giving inferior and cheaper products and this seems to be Dell policy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I cant get over how unprofessional Dell is as a company. I ordered a laptop from Dell for the first time on 5th February, estimated delivery date 6th March. I didnt mind that so much except the laptop was delivered yesterday- but not to me to my neighbour!!!!

Firstly Im hopping mad with the courier for giving a laptop to someone who could have been a complete stranger to me. Im lucky she is nice and honest but if it was given to anyone else on my estate I dont think I would ever have known it was delivered and someone out there would have a lovely new laptop at my expense. No call or email was made to let me know it was coming or that it was delivered.

I called Dell today and asked if they knew where my laptop is. The guy said- it is with the delivery people and will be delivered this afternoon, he asked for my number again so the courier could get directions. I asked him was he sure and he said yes!!!

I cant believe it, Dell have no idea it was delivered and the stupid courier hasnt told anyone its at my neighbours house.

Ill be ringing them Monday to see if it is common practice to let their couriers give the laptops to just anybody on the street.

Never again with I deal with this company

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Bally8 wrote: »
    I cant get over how unprofessional Dell is as a company. I ordered a laptop from Dell for the first time on 5th February, estimated delivery date 6th March. I didnt mind that so much except the laptop was delivered yesterday- but not to me to my neighbour!!!!

Firstly Im hopping mad with the courier for giving a laptop to someone who could have been a complete stranger to me. Im lucky she is nice and honest but if it was given to anyone else on my estate I dont think I would ever have known it was delivered and someone out there would have a lovely new laptop at my expense. No call or email was made to let me know it was coming or that it was delivered.

I called Dell today and asked if they knew where my laptop is. The guy said- it is with the delivery people and will be delivered this afternoon, he asked for my number again so the courier could get directions. I asked him was he sure and he said yes!!!

I cant believe it, Dell have no idea it was delivered and the stupid courier hasnt told anyone its at my neighbours house.

Ill be ringing them Monday to see if it is common practice to let their couriers give the laptops to just anybody on the street.

Never again with I deal with this company

Those couriers can be crap. I got a PC off Gateway years ago when I was living in a bedsit, they agreed to call me before it was delivered so I could pop home from work around the corner, heard nothing and got home to find £1200 worth of kit sitting inside the front door. Anyone in any flat, or anybody else visiting, could have taken it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bally8 wrote: »
    No call or email was made to let me know it was coming or that it was delivered.

Unusual in my experience

Again thats unusual, I would complain though .

not at all.

dublad23 wrote: »
    How would you know if something was changed?
    when it was delivered the monitor was different to what was ordered and also not what was in their advertised offer for the 1st order!

Advertisement