Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best thing to say

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

when it comes to strangers/people you dont really know... eye contact is almost alwyas your best bet.

Is It? theres a guy I like at the moment and we've locked eyes a good few times.I hope this means that he likes me?However Im scared that Ive been looking at him a good bit and he was only looking at me to see If I was looking at him cos he's freaked out by the fact Im always looking at him?? Does that make sense? :confused:
    Dragan wrote: »

- Walking up to a girl at a music festival and asking her would she like to lick my arm as it tasted like chocolate ( had overheard her saying she had the serious munchies! ) , so she licked my arm, looks me dead in the eye and says "You lie! Now you owe me one Dairy Milk, mother****er!" we had a great laugh and spent the rest of the festival kicking around together.

- Walking up to a girl in a nightclub and telling her this i had an emergency and needed her to come back in time with me, but i had only ever done it once before. Her reply was "oh thats okay, this is the past for me, i'm well used to time travel" and once again a good laugh was had by all.

Dragan,you have balls Il give you that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

panda100 wrote: »
    Is It? theres a guy I like at the moment and we've locked eyes a good few times.I hope this means that he likes me?However Im scared that Ive been looking at him a good bit and he was only looking at me to see If I was looking at him cos he's freaked out by the fact Im always looking at him?? Does that make sense? :confused:
    Yeah, it does make sense. Being a pessimist I go with this sort of assumption when I catch a girl looking at me for some reason, odds are IMO, it's that she finds something about me unsettling, either that or there's something interesting behind me.

But simply put; if he's not worth the asking, why bother looking? What is really lost by asking and being turned down? Whereas what do you gain if he says yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

farohar wrote: »
    But simply put; if he's not worth the asking, why bother looking? What is really lost by asking and being turned down?
    Your dignity!!
    I would rather not make a tit out of myself and just wait for him to make the move. Nothing is more deflating then rejection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Which is more dignified, a life in fear or following your heart?
    Please don't take this as badgering/nagging, I'm just trying to make encouraging suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 *Murphy*

me and my friend used to do this all the time...

scope out a group of decent well behaved guys (girls on ur hand) try to catch their eye that kinda thing, then i would usually walk over and say 'can you mind my friend while i go to the bathroom, this place is fulla perverts' sometimes it doznt work out... but then ya jus 'do the eyes' and move on.... she found her husband that way :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement