Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No wonder things are as they are

Options
  • 14-02-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

Scanning over the limerick post today and saw this little gem. I could not believe my eyes. Checked that is was april 1st, but no, this guy was serious.
    Garda' have said:
    .....but this is a warning again to everyone not to be walking around the city centre on your own in the early hours of the morning.

From this story:
    http://www.limerickpost.ie/dailynews.elive?id=8589&category=Daily-Tue

Now correct me if I am wrong, but this implies that the guards have basically given up on trying to ensure law and order on the streets - like their job is to make the streets safer, and if they think people should not walk the streets, god help us.

Perhaps if they got off there (insert insult here) _ asses, and tried to make the streets safer which is their job, rather than hoping law abiding people operate under some sort of curfew, things might be better.

Like it's not bloody Baghdad we are living in ffs.....

But at least in Baghdad, the make some attempt of restoring law and order…Jesus wept…It’s no wonder the scumbags thrive, when you have apes like this babysitting them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Have to say i totally agree with you. One morning around 9am a couple of months back, there were a group of scumbags up to no good, hanging around outside my place of work in the city, abusing passers by. We phoned Henry St to see if they could deploy some gards to clear them. We were told there were "no gardai on foot patrol in the city centre at the present time." I couldn't believe what i was hearing! :eek: Gda Liam Sheehan makes me laugh when he does his 'Crime File' spot on 95fm in the mornings. "Don't leave your car parked in certain parts of the city centre" was one classic he came out with one morning before Christmas.

Not hard to see why there's so much crime in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

grenache wrote: »
    Have to say i totally agree with you. One morning around 9am a couple of months back, there were a group of scumbags up to no good, hanging around outside my place of work in the city, abusing passers by. We phoned Henry St to see if they could deploy some gards to clear them. We were told there were "no gardai on foot patrol in the city centre at the present time." I couldn't believe what i was hearing! :eek: Gda Liam Sheehan makes me laugh when he does his 'Crime File' spot on 95fm in the mornings. "Don't leave your car parked in certain parts of the city centre" was one classic he came out with one morning before Christmas.

Not hard to see why there's so much crime in the city.

It's totally crazy too many big thick brown envelopes changing hands and not enough genuine people left running the place.

"no gardai on foot patrol in the city centre at the present time."

They were too busy drinking tea and playing cards it's a joke,

The loonies have taken over the asylum for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

http://youtube.com/watch?v=90ELleCQvew

I think this clip from this film sums up how people feel. Imagine..30 years ago.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

What the fúck is wrong with this city???

I think it's beyond the stage of "Oh, it's all the Dublin media"...

Advertisement