Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need MAJOR help with this game/midi sound card..

Options
  • 14-02-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Ok so I got this PCI Sound card off ebay.

Its brand new, came with a mini disk for the drivers.

I popped it in, plugged in Trust Joystick, in the hope that my computer would recognize my new Pci Sound Card. Its solidly screwed in no problem??
    I plug my speakers into the green and pink holes, and theres this horrible little buzzing, on and off coming from my speakers now.
    Its as if my computer don't want this sound card?

I have further issues after this problem is fixed!??
    Plz help I wanna get Me joystick up and running!

In fact, I got this sound card for its Game/midi Port! I don't care about the sound but I know I still have to install the drivers to get the joystick working too!??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

barcoe4 wrote: »
    Ok so I got this PCI Sound card off ebay.

Its brand new, came with a mini disk for the drivers.

I popped it in, plugged in Trust Joystick, in the hope that my computer would recognize my new Pci Sound Card. Its solidly screwed in no problem??
    I plug my speakers into the green and pink holes, and theres this horrible little buzzing, on and off coming from my speakers now.
    Its as if my computer don't want this sound card?

I have further issues after this problem is fixed!??
    Plz help I wanna get Me joystick up and running!

In fact, I got this sound card for its Game/midi Port! I don't care about the sound but I know I still have to install the drivers to get the joystick working too!??

What OS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Im no computer genius but here it goes:

Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo J.
    1GB Ram,
    7600gt 256mb,

Erez sum pics:
    DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Im no computer genius but here it goes:

Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo J.
    1GB Ram,
    7600gt 256mb,

Um no, they're nice pics and all, but I just meant what operating system.

My OS
    untitled.jpg

4got to mention:
    I took out the sound card now. Before, when it was in, My RAM Went down to 512?
    How did the sound card make my RAM go down? This is not good.

And the pics....theres plenty more were they came from!!:D

My OS

4got to mention:
    I took out the sound card now. Before, when it was in, My RAM Went down to 512?
    How did the sound card make my RAM go down? This is not good.

And the pics....theres plenty more were they came from!!:D

I'm not sure about the RAM, you might want to check it's securely seated. Looks like a Realtek onboard sound card there, try turning it off before using the Creative sound card.

• Advertisement

Hmm ok, so will I uninstall my drivers from my current Sound card? Do I Need to remove the realtek card too??

Hmm ok, so will I uninstall my drivers from my current Sound card? Do I Need to remove the realtek card too??

No, just disable it in the BIOS. removing an integrated sound card from the motherboard isn't required.

Advertisement