Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of coffee in Portarlington garages..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

whats this you talk about curvy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

PB, it's where you plant a little seed and a flower grows ;)

lol lol lol lol.. thank you curvy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Hey,
    Hate to bring back up a painful point, but I always go to that garage in the Square. When I dropped my car in for the NCT he actually brought it over to the NCT place in Portlaoise for me and I collected it that evening. (Saved me having to take the day off work).
    On that basis alone Sean's a sound man.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Hey silent rain

welcome to boards! feel free to look up drinks thread and come along if you'd like seeing as you in port you might be up for it!

• Advertisement

well in most cases i heard hes very expense, how much did all that cost you silent

Thanks for the welcome Undecided.
    PB I dropped down the car with instructions to get it in order for its NCT which was in a week. He replaced 2 tyres, the brake pads (I knew they were shot) then did the usual oil change etc. I didnt realise until I went to collect it that he'd actuallly rang the place to see if there was an opening and had brought it over and back.
    Have been going to his place for bits n bobs for years though so he knows the face.Total cost was approx €250. (As I said was about a year ago)

that wasnt to bad silent, it didnt seem like a good deal for ruby j doh when she left her car down

I do agree with you there. It would seem to me that "streamlined efficiency" and "modern business practices" are probably not terms which would spring to mind when thinking about "The Square" so the prices & service you get could vary greatly from day to day. I think Ruby J mentioned the Big Book used as an accounting system.

ah i no wot your sayin silent, he still does a job i sopose so its all good isnt it

• Advertisement

Guess so, and to get back to the topic heading, the Square is definitely to be avoided if you're looking for a cuppa coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Thanks for the welcome Undecided.
    PB I dropped down the car with instructions to get it in order for its NCT which was in a week. He replaced 2 tyres, the brake pads (I knew they were shot) then did the usual oil change etc. I didnt realise until I went to collect it that he'd actuallly rang the place to see if there was an opening and had brought it over and back.
    Have been going to his place for bits n bobs for years though so he knows the face.Total cost was approx €250. (As I said was about a year ago)

unreal!!! i cant believe it! i wish he hadnt charged me so much!

Welcome to the board silent rain!

ruby ya may just cut your losses on this now, but you did seem to get ripped off, hows d puppy

ports best wrote: »
    ruby ya may just cut your losses on this now, but you did seem to get ripped off, hows d puppy

i know yeh. i guess i will.

mini is doing good. she has to wear a cone on her head so shes a bit tormented by that as shes so tiny and its so big! she should have her stiches out by next friday so she'll be right as rain for the meet! :D

lol cone on her head id say thats funny lookin, shes doin good thats the main thing

Cheers Ruby-J,

Nice to hear your pups doing well, aside from her ego, try to make sure that she doesnt get out in the rain... If she looks up for a long time it could have disasterous consequences.

lol lol lol silent rain;)

Cheers Ruby-J,

Nice to hear your pups doing well, aside from her ego, try to make sure that she doesnt get out in the rain... If she looks up for a long time it could have disasterous consequences.

Lmao!!! hahaha yeh i had to fill her water bowl up to the brim to prevent her from doing that. she already managed to catch waer in it and spill it all over herself. she wasnt happy about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Hey,
    Hate to bring back up a painful point, but I always go to that garage in the Square. When I dropped my car in for the NCT he actually brought it over to the NCT place in Portlaoise for me and I collected it that evening. (Saved me having to take the day off work).
    On that basis alone Sean's a sound man.
    :confused:

When my boyfriend went to Mass on Christmas Day, he came out of the church to find the air in one of his tyres was gone. He managed to put enough air in the tyre to get home but we were keeping an eye on the tyre until we could get it to a garage. It seemed to be OK but just to be sure he brought it into the Square garage on the 27th. Not sure if too many other places were open that day! He said the fella in there was very nice and checked the tyre for him. Seems some ragamuffin just let the air out of the tyre for the craic. Merry Christmas ho ho ho...:rolleyes:

We normally get bits and bobs on our car sorted in the place we bought it, main reason being we get a courtesy car off them (always seems to be filthy and stink of cigarette smoke no matter what we get but can't be helped I suppose!) and we were under warranty up to fairly recently with them so we got a good few things done. They claimed they sorted the tracking in the car out but we failed the NCT on that by some considerable margin. Suppose it could have been that dodgy bog road to Monasterevin! :D

well if that road to monastrevin dosent sort out a car nothing will, jaysus its like been in the outback, you would be all over the road

• Advertisement

ports best wrote: »
    well if that road to monastrevin dosent sort out a car nothing will, jaysus its like been in the outback, you would be all over the road

When we were first coming down to Port from Dublin to look at houses (well, we only ever looked at one house, talk about impulsive :rolleyes:) we didn't realise that road was a bit er...dodgy. Boyfriend took one of the "bumps" in the road a bit fast and the car went airborne. It was like something from the Dukes of Hazzard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

lol I know- my brother ripped the bottom out of his audi on the way down here!

undecided wrote: »
    lol I know- my brother ripped the bottom out of his audi on the way down here!

Ours was an Audi as well! A few months later we failed the NCT (on a good few things) and I'd say the roads didn't help matters. We bought a new car since as the repairs would nearly have been the value of the audi.

Advertisement