Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Door Edge Protection strips

Options
  • 14-02-2008 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi Guys im looking in to buying protection strips for my car door. are they any good. i have a black car, are they bad for the paint work.

Thanks guys.

loreco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

loreco wrote: »
    Hi Guys im looking in to buying protection strips for my car door. are they any good. i have a black car, are they bad for the paint work.

Thanks guys.

loreco

no, i used to have them on an old black golf i had about 12 yonks ago..........they are good and when i went to sell the car privately, i removed them, and polished up the car and the door edges were perfect. They only work on a black car tho' visualy speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

They look cack and can abrade the paintwork, so when you take them off you may have a few marks cause by the strips. Why do you want them as they only protect your car from its occupants, tell your passengers to be more careful getting out of the car. And if your passenger are opening the doors into stuff i.e other cars, well, I can't repeat here what I think of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭blackbox

loreco wrote: »

Thanks guys.

loreco

They are bad news if your paint is already chipped - they will hold moisture and promote rust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 loreco

Thanks guys for getting back to me.
    its just were i live i have a very small parking space next to a pillar and a wall. and its a new car so if anything was to get hit it would be the doors.

Advertisement