Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friend Banned for life for no reason?!!!

• 14-02-2008 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

My Mate was unable to renew his sub last week and payed no attention to it and just got on with it.

So this week he rang microsoft 15 times !!! Untill he spoke to a Team leader today who told him he was banned for life and they dont have to tell him why?The same thing happened to me a few months back and i was banned for fraud ( i spelt my address wrong on my cc details and it took them 6 months to notice???) but they switched me back on after about 11 calls.

Obiously enough he is RAGING over it as they told him to create a new gamertag if he wanted to go on live again.... i told him to check his CC details and sure enough he put ''1 fake street'' or something to that effect.
    The most frustrating thing is that they wont tell him what he did and he has no way of getting his acc back. I mean if it is the problem i had then why was one rule for me and not for my mate?

Anyone else had this problem ,if so how did they fix it???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

"1 fake street"

genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wait, he gave false credit card details, got banned, and you're complaining about it? Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

humanji wrote: »
    Wait, he gave false credit card details, got banned, and you're complaining about it? Why?

That's pretty counter productive.
    They havent told him it was the CC details i am just speculating.
    If it was the CC details.
    I did the same thing ( in error) and they said fine change the details and we will switch you back on.
    My friend stupidly didn't realise the ins and outs of the thing and didn't want to put his home address into his xbox. They let him use it for over six months,let him pay money to get xbla games ,themes ,videos etc and then turned around and said your banned.

He has spoken to consumer affairs who advised him to bring them to small claims court as you cant ban someone without giving a reason. You can tell them they cant renew his membership and they don't have to give him a reason but because the manager said he was banned he has a case.

Also he has spoken to 15 different people and they all told him something different each time (the same experience I had).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, in fairness, he's commited fraud which is an offence. I agree that they should have said why he was banned. It was probably lazyness on their part (I'm sure they get thousands of people wondering why they're banned). But to be honest, I'm surprised he didn't expect something to go wrong by giving false details. No idea of the legal implications, but what if MS decide to report him? It was a dumb thing to do.

I got banned becuase it asked for my name and address. I gave my current address but my credit card was addressed to my parents . So they banned me for that .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i'm just after finishing in a bank and technically that isn't fraud as he wasn't trying to be fraudulent in respect that the card the details were his, ie. name and number but also it was pretty ****in stupid all the same, he should be able to get back on if he threatens and action but tell him to lighten the **** up and that with cc transactions you may have to give your address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I got banned becuase it asked for my name and address. I gave my current address but my credit card was addressed to my parents . So they banned me for that .

somebody lock this guy up. you sicken me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Buy a subscription in a shop, get a new tag, Bob's your Uncle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

But then you'd lose all your achievement points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Its sorted.
    my friend called consumer affairs who called xbox and now he is back on !!!

They said they made a mistake..i dont have all the details but il post them up when i get them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement