Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Car Crash in Oranmore...

Options
  • 14-02-2008 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Around Carnmore Cross, a car and a front-loading tractor. Try to find alternative routes if you're coming home from work,etc. the place is in gridlock around the Quality Hotel roundabout. I'd be surprised if the city isn't badly affected as a result already

Don't want to speculate on the cause or injuries, etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

http://www.galwaynews.ie/2802-carnmore-road-closed-due-serious-crash

Thu 14th February 2008

The road between Carnmore cross and the roundabout at the Quality Hotel in Oranmore is closed this afternoon due to a serious crash.

It's understood an accident occurred on the main road near the weighbridge.

Gardai, the fire brigade and emergency services are currently at the scene of the serious crash although the extent of injuries is not yet known.

Motorists are advised that diversions are in place and long delays are expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

RTE wrote:
    A man has died following a two-vehicle collision in Co Galway. A car and a tractor were involved in the crash on the main road between Carnmore Cross and the roundabout at the Quality Hotel in Oranmore at around 2pm today. Gardaí are appealing for witnesses to the incident. The road will remain closed for a number of hours.
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

That's very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

**** i know the one of the ppl in the car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Only found out last night, cause I was away for the weekend, the names of the people involved.

Holy crap! I know both people. i was in school with the guy... Very upsetting.

• Advertisement

<snip>

Hey.... This wasn't totally the driver's fault. It was one of those rare freak accidents. I don't know all the facts but what has been released states that no one is fully responsible for the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Hey.... This wasn't totally the driver's fault. It was one of those rare freak accidents. I don't know all the facts but what has been released states that no one is fully responsible for the crash.
    Couldn't agree more. It was an unfortunate tragedy and my sympathies are with all those affected personally by it.

sgthighway wrote: »
    <snip>

thats such a rude thing to say. i know the details of what happened and believe me the driver was NOT at fault at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Reason for edit -> I withdraw the post because I did not mean to offend.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Hey sgthighway. I'm sure no one is laying blame around especially given the sensitivity of the issue but many people take karma to mean 'what goes around comes around, albeit in a good way or bad'. Hence misunderstandings easily arise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What's this about Karma?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

kraggy wrote: »
    What's this about Karma?

It's probably wrong to talk about past events at the moment.

Just copped past stuff after i posted.

End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

do you know these people personal to judge they have or did something wrong in their lives? karma my ass. its still rude to say things like that even though you say you dont mean to. word to the wise if it sounds disrespectful it PROBABLY is.

do you know these people personal to judge they have or did something wrong in their lives? karma my ass. its still rude to say things like that even though you say you dont mean to. word to the wise if it sounds disrespectful it PROBABLY is.

I presume that was directed at others' posts which have been deleted since?

I don't have any knowledge regarding anyone involved in the incident. I asked a question about Karma before I had read through the whole thread.

Thankfully those other posts have been amended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Terrible thing to happen....it's always particularly hard to digest when it's someone you know. What's the story with the guy driving the tractor, why was the bucket down so low?

I'm going to assume, the way everyone is dancing around the topic that people are aware of the previous incident a while back involving Dave Fox.

If so. I would like anyone who has anything to say about Karma, responsibility and blame etc to just say it.

Advertisement