Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help to make the world a better place with my hot-or-not-style survey!

• 14-02-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi All! I'm a PhD student in TCD and am currently looking for people to take part in an online survey. It's at http://tcd.survey.sgizmo.com and takes about 20 mins. Basically, the survey involves you rating images for attractiveness and a couple of other things. There is a brief additional section where you're asked to list some word associations. I'd be really grateful to anyone who can take part! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

There you go, just completed it for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bashibazouk

Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I did it. Any chance of a few results to see how its coming along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Wouldn't mind seeing the results myself.
    My answers were vague at best. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭shantor

done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Completed here also.

I'd like to make a request that if possible you publish the raw data from the results of the survey - i.e. a gender and racial breakdown of how many people selected each option. I understand that this may not be possible but if it's allowed it's something I'd be interested to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bashibazouk

Thanks a million to everyone who has completed the survey so far - I'm getting a really good response!

Drift and Terry - I'm going to spend a couple more days collecting data before I start the analysis but will update the thread when I have done so. The data looks pretty interesting so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

done. answers were vague at best for some of them.update us on the research

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Finished. Would like to see some results sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Just finished it there (though I skipped the word association part largely).

The word somewhat has lost all menaing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Itsallzen

Enjoyed doing the survey. Best of luck with your work. As with some of the others, some output would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Done. Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mobyrizla

completed most of it.

The tcd student was the only one i didnt vote for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

i did it but didn't complete the word association bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Well, tried, but my net connection died 90% of the way through.

Just wondering but does everyone get to see the same photos? Or is it loaded judged on how you answer the original age/race/gender questions?

Some of it seemed a bit one sided in terms of the results it will give. For example, iirc there were two Indian women, both of whom by anyones standard were not great looking, so therefore wont it get a bit skewed? Even though alot of women from there are pretty fine looking?

Advertisement