Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom email problems?

Options
  • 14-02-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Has anybody else noticed problems with outgoing email via eircom.net in the past 24-48 hours? SMTP server appears to be accepting mail but mail does not reach destination.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

Is eircom your ISP? I have an eircom net account but it goes through the Magnet SMTP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 paulbeara

Jaoibh wrote: »
    Is eircom your ISP? I have an eircom net account but it goes through the Magnet SMTP address.

Yes, eircom.net is my isp. Since my last post, three test messages arrived at their destination delayed by about three hours. A further test has yet to be delivered, sent about three hours ago.

I would suggest if your using mail1.eircom.net try mail2.eircom.net

Perhaps they are having issues with there mail servers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Outgoing mails from my eircom address are blocked due to 'spamhaus' not recognising the address. It happens on and off and usually resolves itself. I haven't been able to send anything since last weekend.

Another suggestion would be to try and send your email from webmail.eircom.net direct and see if there's a delay it could be a local issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

It's not a local issue or settings. Eircoms SMTP servers are borked and have been for 3-4 days but not for everyone it seems. I don't have a problem but a dozen or more of my customers are.
    Mail just stopped going out. When it's left in the outbox it can take anything from a couple of hours to a few days to go.

It's getting more frequent and a PITA

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bm25

hi, new user to boards, had problems with eircom email,
    go to outlook express and into internet accounts,

eircom seem to have changed their incoming mail server from
    mail1.eircom.net
    TO
    webmail.eircom.net
    this has just worked for me, I had no emails for the last few days but kn now.
    regards bm25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Fine 2 year old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement