Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synth buyers beware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You'll find that with a lot of stuff on buyandsell. Mainly some studio gear like Digi002 for 1000 odd.

Good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

It p1sses me off so much. :mad:

I get frustrated when I see deluded people over-valuing their equipment, like trying to flog G5 macs for thousands... but it drives me even more crazy to see people trying to pull fast ones, especially on b+s where there is no public feedback or rating system.

There's also people on buyandsell trying to flog ancient AKAI samplers (not MPCs) for just stupid money. Insane stuff. I've also seen those expensive digi 002s, mboxes etc, aswell as "music computer Pentium 4 packed with thousands worth of software" and "DJ external hard drive, 50,000 songs" ... :rolleyes:

I'd love to see the reaction the dude would have gotten had he posted those synths on adverts.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭brettzy

That is asking alot considering the juno is 525 brand new from thomann

http://www.thomann.de/ie/search_dir.html?sw=Roland+Juno-D+keyboard&x=8&y=4

To be fair, he may have bought it 700, who knows???

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭brettzy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Maybe the problems is that have bought in Ireland and never noticed its tons cheaper on the net!

There was a MM Stingray for 1800euros??? Of course it was five years old so its a most sought after bass! Same bass is 1700-1900 new on MusicStore!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I reckon some of these people may have bought their stuff in places like Waltons!

It still p1sses me off though! And that Korg stuff is even cheaper in USA than on thomann.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

What do you care? If someone's not prepared to shop around, they get stung. That's darwinism in action.

Caveat emptor and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I thought this was something about exploding parts or something - not a stating the obvious session :D

Embrace the open market and profit from other peoples ignorance - compare last months adverts listings to this months buy and sells and see if you can spot the similarities. Notice a pattern emerging :rolleyes:

Yep, I've noticed some of the same kit for sale at a higher price on B+S, sometimes after being on ads, sometimes at the exact same time.

FruitLover, I see your point, and I know it shouldn't p1ss me off as much as it does!

By the way, just as a matter of interest. How much would you guys value a used Alesis Ion, in PWO. ?? The prices to buy them new online vary quite drastically. Thomann has them for about €730, but I've found them elsewhere as low as about €580.

€450 seem reasonable if it's in PWO??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

Thats some nasty **** alright.
    Having said that Im selling a piece of kit on buyandsell at the moment and Iv priced it on the high side.
    However thats with the idea of leaving some haggle room.
    Maybe this chap is thinking along those lines and has just taken the idea to far! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement