Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N11 Shenanigans

Options
  • 14-02-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

This thread won't make much sense without a brief introduction:

I live near Foxrock Church, on the N11, in Dublin.

Back to business:

While lying in bed last night, at 1:40am I heard a series of sirens- judging from the noise, I estimate 4+ police sirens accompanied by an ambulance, all traveling at great speed, possibly south.

In the next 4 minutes, I head another FOUR "convoys" of police vehicles with sirens blaring. I have not had a chance to read the papers yet today, but I had a quick trawl of Irish news sites- to no avail. Does anybody know what it was all about?

Comments

Berties being paid in cash again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

:D

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

I live in the same general area OP, thought I may have dreamed hearing all those sirens! No one I spoke to locally today seems to know what happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Graham- Yeah I'm dead curious now! It really sounded like something major.. upwards of a dozen police cars and some ambulances? I've done a good trawl of papers/ news sites and have come across no high speed chases (though that would not involve so many emergency vehicles), no robberies etc.

I also don't know of any important political figures our near Bray.

The only thing I can think of is that they were doing laps ^^

Advertisement