Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free SKY+ and free standard installation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

i have two vouchers also . . PM if interested . .

Still have 1 left . .PM if interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

SoldOut wrote: »
    Anyone know why Sky only seem to be sending these to some customers?

i'd say the postage is staggered, bit of a delay getting them out to everyone

i got my two there this morning, still looking for a new customer though to share it with!

great offer though i have to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

I have 2 vouchers here for any new Sky Customers who want to get a Sky+ box right from the start, instead of the standard box.
    I will also be able to upgrade my own as well. :)

Drop me a private message if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I have a voucher also, so PM if you want to take up this offer
    SKY+ box would be nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Same here, pm me if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Hey all, same applys with me. Have two vouchers so if any new sky customers are interested PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Any 2 vouchers myself for anyone interested, would almost pay someone to do it :) Send me a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

How does this work?

I am a Sky customer (In my name) now

have regular Sky box

Want Sky +

Can I cancel and my partner sign up? (same house address)

KCB i dont see why ya couldnt and sign up in your partners name.Basicly someone gives you a ref number when you call to order sky instead of getting a normal sky box you get a sky + box and so does the persons ref number you used

• Advertisement

KCB i dont see why ya couldnt and sign up in your partners name.

So if that works, how much does it cost to sign up fresh?

Nothing. Free.
    kcb wrote: »
    So if that works, how much does it cost to sign up fresh?

Nothing. Free.

The job!

I'll get on the case!

if you need a voucher i have 2.Good luck.

let us know how you get on with that...really want the sky + box but not the hassle of paying for it.

i would have thought cancelling and re-ordering in a different name wouldnt be allowed.

although when you tell them you want to cancel they might offer you the box free of charge

steps_3314 wrote: »
    let us know how you get on with that...really want the sky + box but not the hassle of paying for it.

i would have thought cancelling and re-ordering in a different name wouldnt be allowed.

although when you tell them you want to cancel they might offer you the box free of charge

I rang them up sussing that out and they said they could track it, BUT

Sure what if you cancel because you are "moving out" and the "new tenant" wants to sign up then!

• Advertisement

I have tired to cancelling to get a few digibox(not +) and they wouldnt entertain me lol. I dont see why it wouldnt work.Sure if you canx and reorder in another name you could of moved house or anything, the only thing that might spark something is the same telephone number.
    steps_3314 wrote: »

actually just noticed 45 euro for standard installation for new customers.still saving 104euro

well i suppose you could leave the tel number in a house anyway.

its worth a shot i suppose.

damn i hate ringing sky

there not actually bad now there cancelation dep is in cork. I have one Code left for anyone interested.

there not actually bad now there cancelation dep is in cork. I have one Code left for anyone interested.

how does that code work, i take it i have to be a new customer with the code to get the plus box.

i actually got thru to the office in cork a couple of weeks ago about ordering the sky plus box and its a different experience all together, i asked the girl was she from cork and in typical homourous style she says "i bet your glad you didnt get through to an indian" unreal

• Advertisement

I no ya "pure cork accent" You basicly ring a number to sign up quote share they will ask for a ref number and away you go. Its for new customers unfortunely.

I no ya "pure cork accent" You basicly ring a number to sign up quote share they will ask for a ref number and away you go. Its for new customers unfortunely.

thats the job...i thought it was hillarious though being from cork myself.

wouldnt mind getting one over on sky..they f**ked my mother around during xmas when the service went down three times and when we finally thought it was fixed it went again xmas eve at 7pm...no time to get engineer.

had no sky until jan 4th..i was demented even though im not living there anymore. when they came to fix it the engineer said the dish was hanging on by a thread..all rusted and everything...why the f**k did the other engineers that went up on roof in early december just replace the box in the first place..lazy b**tards

If you need a code steps pm have 1 left.

If you need a code steps pm have 1 left.

ill check when i go home later cause i did get something from sky last week about sky +

ill pm you if i need it later.

thanks dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Got 2 codes through the letter box this morning. If there's no catch would be well worth it. Usually a catch though....

Anyone need it pm me. cheers

Two codes available here, pm if interested

Is there a best before date on those codes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

March 31st

1 code left, so give me a PM if wanted. I can email a scanned copy of voucher if wanted.
    Ta

I now have 1 voucher left here for any new Sky Customers who want to get a Sky+ box right from the start, instead of the standard box.
    I will also be able to upgrade my own as well.

Drop me a private message if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

2 vouchers here also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

i have two vouchers here . Just send me a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

6 vouchers left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

The difficulty I'm having getting shot of these vouchers has proved one thing to me.. I have no friends :o Recommend a friend.. hah, what's that then? Can I find it in the bottom of a bottle? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

dmeehan wrote: »
    I have two vouchers for free Sky+ and free standard installation. Its the free sky for your friend promotion thingy. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you the reference and instructions etc.

Like the original poster, i also have the same, pm me if anyone still needs this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Ive got 2 vouchers too, if anyone wants one drop me pm.
    For people who still don't know what this is about:
    You (being someone interested in ordering sky) ring sky and quote "Share" and the reference number given to you by someone from one of these vouchers. You order sky and get a free sky + box.
    Then you pm the person who gave you the voucher code and give them your customer number so they can get a free sky + box too.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

any chance someone could pm me a code as i have a friend that wants a sky plus box new install and i also want to upgrade my system current sky box to a sky plus.

tks

neonitrix

March 31st

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

neonitrix wrote: »
    any chance someone could pm me a code as i have a friend that wants a sky plus box new install and i also want to upgrade my system current sky box to a sky plus.

tks

neonitrix
    Id imagine the codes only allow the person who received the vouchers in the post and the person to whom you give the voucher to get a sky+ box.. As in, you could get a code off someone here and give it to your friend and they would get a free sky+ box.. but you wouldn't.

• Advertisement

ab_cork wrote: »
    Id imagine the codes only allow the person who received the vouchers in the post and the person to whom you give the voucher to get a sky+ box.. As in, you could get a code off someone here and give it to your friend and they would get a free sky+ box.. but you wouldn't.

No, found that out for myself today (I was using my brothers vouchers until mine arrived, due to staggered mailing).
    All Sky cares about is getting the new sign ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Great does anyone have a code to spare? I'm an existing customer my parents want to sign up and I badly need a Sky+ box the kids and the missus have taken over the feckin' TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I will take a voucher if there is any left. Currently have Sky but it is not in my name and the person who's name it is in is moving out of the house, so I have to sign up anyways. Warning ,it might be a month to 6 weeks before I sign up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bobcatjim1066

dmeehan wrote: »
    I have two vouchers for free Sky+ and free standard installation. Its the free sky for your friend promotion thingy. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you the reference and instructions etc.

hi im am very intrested in the vouchers please coukld you pm or mesage me thankyou james

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

As a result of the number of sign ups in recent posts, perhaps there are still poeple looking for a voucher ?

I have a couple as well, if anybody wants to PM me.

Thanks

joebre

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sky have told me about a similar offer. I originally thought it was exisiting customers but apparently not. If you are thinking of joining Sky Digital, contact me and we can both upgrade to Sky+ free.

Send me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 ronanm98

Hi, I would be interested in taking them off your hands. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

PM sent to ronanm98.

I have two vouchers also for Free Sky+ box if any newbie wants to sign up. I am due to get a cheque off Sky soon for €75 so I will gladly pay for a newbie's €45 installation costs once I am the referrer of course! Please PM me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Does anyone know if a previous - but not current - Sky subscriber can avail of this offer? If so, I'd be interested?

adam

It says on the Terms and Conditions: An existing Sky suscriber resident in the ROI must follow the instructions in this advert to get a brand new customer (who is not a member of their household) to subscribe to Sky TV by March 31st.

Give them a bell on 0818 719840 and see if you qualify. If you're not a current subscriber then you're a new one I would have thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement