Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advide needed for hair colour please! :)

• 14-02-2008 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I currently have black hair and any hairdressers I go to tell me I can't have the electric blue put in my hair.
    Does anyone know of anywhere that could do it??

Something like this, without the mad face. :)
    blackandbluefade.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

I'd love to have that done too, i also have black hair and get all the usual rubbish from hairdressers you can't do this and you can't do that! :( However in Bellissimo hair salon i got electric blue extensions put in under my hair and it blends well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I like the blue! I went to my hairdresser a while back and wanted fire-truck red and there was such a hoo-haa about it, that when it was done, you could barely see it, like a 'tinge'..major pissed about it... I like the face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

blue dye is the hardest to achieve. the natural pigment in dark hair means even when bleached it will be a green tint. you'd need a few goes of bleaching to make it white white and even then it'll fade like anything. other non natural colours like purple, red, pink, green are much easier to achieve.
    i've black hair and have done this, so believe me i know what im talking about.

im surprised lady penny red didnt show up? im guessing you didnt bleach it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

blue dye is the hardest to achieve. the natural pigment in dark hair means even when bleached it will be a green tint.

2 brothers i know dyed their hair red after bleaching it, after time they both had grapefruit coloured hair until the eventually shaved it off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

the bleached hair is a yellow unless you use toner. that means blue will be greeny and red, orangy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nanook32

Thanks for the replies guys :) Its just mad annoyin cause I do see people with the colour the odd time and its just so nice! I know what you mean about the fading, I see that with the other colours alright especially with the red. If I was to settle for a purple colour what kind of purple would be the darkest they could do if anyone has any idea??
    Thanks folks! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've used this:
    http://www.beeunique.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=5

Blue Mayhem by special effects. My hair was bleached, not super bleached though. It also didn't fade too fast, and didn't fade into too much of a manky green colour.

Special Effects is the best hair dye ever! If ye don't want to wreck yer hair with bleach, buy some blue hair extensions from ebay or somewhere.

Other colours can be seen here:
    http://www.beeunique.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nanook32

Oh thats super cool jenizzle thanks a million. I dont mind bleaching me hair for it at all but I wonder would a semi permanent dye go over a permanent black?? Im not too sure how it works :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

in wigwam up in stephens green they do the clip in extentions for about a fiver each. If you have long straight hair they can look v good Ive bright red ones and I clip them in under my own dark brown hair so that you can see it through it. Im sure they do blue too? they have a website if you google them
    they do a couple of colours that would look good in black hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

blue dye is the hardest to achieve. the natural pigment in dark hair means even when bleached it will be a green tint. you'd need a few goes of bleaching to make it white white and even then it'll fade like anything. other non natural colours like purple, red, pink, green are much easier to achieve.
    i've black hair and have done this, so believe me i know what im talking about.

im surprised lady penny red didnt show up? im guessing you didnt bleach it?

QFT
    My friend is naturally very dark brown, so we bleached streaks, and added the blue dye - it wasn't just a green tint, it was green. And not a nice green at that! Be very careful if you are doing it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

Nanook32 wrote: »
    I currently have black hair and any hairdressers I go to tell me I can't have the electric blue put in my hair.
    Does anyone know of anywhere that could do it??

Something like this, without the mad face. :)
    blackandbluefade.jpg

this is actually a fake fringe, its a clip in weft (track of hair)
    if you bleach your hair then dye it blue, it will fade out after a week or so to a greeny colour. blue is murder to maintain.
    either get some tracks/wefts sewn in or get some extension highlights, much kinder to your hair and alot less messy.

ive currently got uv white and silver streaks in my hair, id never be able to achieve this if i dyed my hair as it`d ruin it (been dting it black too long) and you can change the colour whenever you like.

Advertisement