Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

how do i block malicious call?

• 14-02-2008 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

im with eircom and lately ive been recieving silient callls from a mobile phone. im pretty sure i know whos behind it but how do i stop recieving these calls.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

As far as I know the only thing you can do is have your number changed or possibly call eircom or the Gardai and explain the situation if the person receives a call from the Gardai I'm sure they'll probably cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

There are systems in place set up to deal with this situation as your def not the first. Firstly start taking a log of when its happening, time and date, length of calls and frequency. Then notify Eircom and also call to your local Garda station and make an official complaint. Without your log of calls your going to be guessing and it will make you sound less convincing. A Garda will then be able to advise you of the procedure involved. They do have the power to do traces etc but need court/judge approval. So Id start taking a log of calls, I know its a pain but it will benefit your case in the long run. Dont forget even if a call is blocked on a mobile using *31# the network can still identify the user, even if its an RTG they can get the cell details and if it were serious enough they would disable the handset but it would want to be very serious for a network to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You can't actually block your number when calling.

When you dial 141 or *31# etc etc all it does is send your number with an instruction "do not display" the local exchange still has it recorded on a log somewhere and in some instances e.g. calling 999 or 112, the operator etc, your number will display anyway no matter what you do.

So, withholding the number is not really much of a barrier to finding out who's doing it (if you're a phone company anyway)

Look up the Malicious Call Bureau and contact them.
    Your phone company's helpline will be able to give you advice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

1800 689 689 - that's the number for Eircoms Malicious Calls Bureau, they should be able to help you out. It is technically possible to trace the call but if the mobile used to make the call is unregistered or registered under a false name then it's unlikely you'll find out who is doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 freeanipper

thanks for the help guys. i reported it to the malicious calls bureau dept yesterday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement