Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Nano - Refund?

Options
  • 14-02-2008 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I bought an Ipod Nano last week in Currys. To make a short story shorter - it's an absolute PAIN in the ass to use, takes forever to convert files and continually crashes my pc and iTunes and I now regret spending the 200 quid on the thing.

I have my receipt - will I be fully refunded? What should my line of chat be when I walk into the store?

Many thanks in advance for your advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You have no right to anything, I'm afraid. It sounds like your PC is the problem which is nothing to do with Apple, Currys or your consumer rights. The iPod itself is not faulty and does what it's supposed to. The fact that your computer is unable to convert files isn't the fault of Apple or Currys. You can chance your arm with them but you're not entitled to anything but good customer service and a calm head will probably get you an exchange for a different model but probably not a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sounds like your PC is either cr*p and old, or is riddled with viruses and malware.

However, you might get a refund. I know the Apple store give you 14 days to return items, but if you're returning because you just don't like the item, there is a 10% re-stocking fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

converting the files is done on the pc. only once they're converted are they transferred to the ipod. unless you mean tranferring them to the ipod when you say converting?

try it in a different pc and see if its the same. i doubt it will be

even if you o find its the same in another pc, there's no reason you shouldn't accept a replacement. its not like ipods are all faulty. they're are the biggest selling music player in the world

Advertisement