Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nsr80

• 14-02-2008 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

im 15 and will be 16 in a few months. i bought this nsr80 recentley
    and hope to get it out on the road when im 16. can anyone tell me what insurance will be like.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Prob horrific, it's ure first insurance, and you're 16 lets face the old facts were not looking at 300 euro here ?

ring around some of the companies and get ure wee self a quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

fired some details into the quinn direct online quote thing, and got 2.3k

I was expecting alot worse tbh...

ye can try yourself:

http://www.quinn-direct.com/
    http://www.aonbikecare.ie/getquote.php

else give em a call :) gl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭padolicious

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

As usual, ridiculous premiums. Hope you can get on 2 wheels somehow pado.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What year is the nsr? afaik pre 02 ones are a higher insurance group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭padolicious

well thats jus my luck.
    its a 01!!!!!!
    thnks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

You need to be 17 to get a motorbike licence. You can get a moped licence at 16, but that won't cover you on the nsr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,444 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

BrynW wrote: »
    You need to be 17 to get a motorbike licence. You can get a moped licence at 16, but that won't cover you on the nsr

Wrong. You need to be 18 to get a class A licence, but you can get A1 at 16, which covers you up to 125cc.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brian125

Hi !

Emm... I am also 16 now and i just got a quote for a nsr80 of €1,100.00
    Not bad if you ask me ! :)
    Only problum is I hate the way the engine sounds like a moped ! I know that if this is a real problum i should prob look at Varadeos or something ! ... But they just cost too much !

So the big question is ...Does anyone know how or if it is even possiable to either mask or better, get rid of the moped sound ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks - Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

holy thread revival batman..!

anything you do to change the sound of an nsr80, I believe will have a negative impact on the performance. And tbh (and not to be insulting), you've not much performance to spare :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Not a whole lot you can do with the sound, it'll always be a small 2stroker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brian125

Ok...Thanks Guys

I guess i will have to just put a louder exaust on her :)

Thanks Again ! - Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,444 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So the answer to a sound you don't like, is to make it louder :pac:

Good luck with it - you have to do initial rider training now but that's really just a starting point and you'll need to do more than that to pass your test, never mind keep you safe on the road. Training costs money but it's cheaper than crashing and learning the hard way. Also, sliding down the road hurts so always wear good boots and gloves, I had a crash a few years back where I could have lost my foot if I'd been only wearing trainers. Lidl were doing decent cheap bike gear the other week so there might still be some of it left if you look around a few branches. Ideally wear a proper bike jacket and trousers too, jeans and puffer jackets give you NO protection at all.

You'll need a good lid too obviously, the Lidl or Aldi lids are cheap and actually pretty good, but no matter how expensive the helmet the most important thing is how it fits. It should be reasonably tight when new, but not painful. If you can put it on, do it up, and get someone to try to twist or lift it off - if it moves at all it's too big and won't protect you properly.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

from hearing my neighbours lil wreck of a nsr 80 last year,,he had a rg 80 exhaust can on it and it sounded really zippy,,ya would think the bike was flying and it was only doing 30ty down the road,,sounded very well

Advertisement