Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbo Back for wembley?

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

I dont trust Cerny at all,he is a decent shot stopper but his kicking is suspect at all times and tonights howler need i say more.We will definately have a new keeper next season.We could have been comfortable next thursday but now there is a small bit of work to do which could have been avoided so close to Wembley.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

have to agree cerny is a good number 2 at best. His lapse of concentration has set up the second leg to be a tense game.Robinson will have to be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

What a shame....the only serious piece of work he had to do and he fluffed it.

I agree with curragh and think that robbo will be in contention for the final. Plus he has previous experience at playing at wembley.

Definitely need top class keeper next season if we are gonna progress !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Do you guys have a memory of about 3 days? Robbo is finished, I would collapse in shock if Ramos thought to himself "hmm great a cup final, what we need is to get back to a keeper standing on his line like a statue so balls can be whipped into the 6 yard box for headers".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

hotspur wrote: »
    Do you guys have a memory of about 3 days? Robbo is finished, I would collapse in shock if Ramos thought to himself "hmm great a cup final, what we need is to get back to a keeper standing on his line like a statue so balls can be whipped into the 6 yard box for headers".

agree with ya. whatever we think there's not a chance that Ramos will bring Robbo back for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I dont think Robbo has been the same player since his woeful World Cup in 2006. I also think that at club level he has suffered immensly with having to play behind a sub-standard defence where confidence was non-existant.

We need a top class keeper. We know it and Ramos knows it but sadly it aint gonna happen before the summer.

At this time, I dont think that Robbo is better than Cerny or vice-vera however I wouldnt be suprised if Robbo's between the sticks come 24th Feb.

At 2-0 we were cruising comfortably and looking at being in a position to possibly rest a few key players next thursday. Now I dont think that same option is available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I I also think that at club level he has suffered immensly with having to play behind a sub-standard defence where confidence was non-existant.

As much i cant stand Robbo, Cerny has had a much better defence with Woodgate and Hutton in front of him. Big decision for Ramos now - if i were going to play Robbo at Wembley then he would have to play next Thursday in 2nd leg.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I can see a keeper being on the shopping list alright, but would think that Cerny is probably gonna be number 1 for this season anyway. As Rich said, Robbo hasn't been the same since the 2006 tournament and coupled with the poor defence he's had infront of him these last couple of years, I think he should cut his losses and move on to another club where he could make a fresh start for his own sake as much as Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Not to sure about giving robbo a chance in the final,I still think he's a bag of nerves, cerney is the best of a bad lot for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Doubt he'll be playing, but he might lead the singing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUf80W7RHfY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Absolute Quality...robbo is a legend even if he does get sold...
    Yido Yido Yido

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I dont trust Cerny at all,he is a decent shot stopper but his kicking is suspect at all times and tonights howler need i say more.We will definately have a new keeper next season.We could have been comfortable next thursday but now there is a small bit of work to do which could have been avoided so close to Wembley.
    i know what we'll do,we'll play with one foward and put the two keepers in the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Quality video ROBBO is a legend after that.YIDO YIDO YIDO

Advertisement